Ethernet controlled power strips in 2022?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

unwind-protect

Mar 7, 2016
Boston
Are there any recommendable power strips with ethernet control (preferably ssh) available anymore? I can't seem to find anything but single-outlet wifi gizmos.

I am so desperate I would even re-buy my Ubiquiti mPower-Pro, although they are not very reliable.

NateS

Apr 19, 2021
Sacramento, CA, US
Expensive, but if you need the programmability:

unwind-protect

Mar 7, 2016
Boston
Expensive, but if you need the programmability:

Hey that looks great. And a lot cheaper than what I found so far.

Thanks so much.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Hi think most "APC PDU" can do that
APC PDUs vary between basic, metered per pdu, metered per outlet, and finally switched (one which allows power control per outlet).
Choose wisely.
Alternatively, you could go with Raritan or Eaton PDUs (make sure they are switched)
eBay would be a good place to find these - don't worry about the warranty - these are very overbuilt devices and I've yet to see one fail in my 20 years in IT.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Those dont do TLS 1.2, but ssh should be no issue. O/c a browser exception works fine too;)

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
I have a really, really old APC PDU with a dead main board. I have this on the way from AliExpress.

My plan is to flash it with Tasmota, put it in the APC PDU and control it via MQTT in my home automation setup.
please keep up updated on your project