ESXi6.5U1 and LSI 9361-8i Dropping Storage

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chris Cooper

Apr 25, 2016
I have several servers based on v2 and v4 xeons with LSI 9361-8i raid pools. It seems like randomly i have storage issues with different pools. i have not been able to isolate it to a certain driver or hardware configuration.

Is anyone else having a storage issue in esxi6.5u1 or with the lsi 9361 line of cards?

Gb.

May 17, 2017
Hi,

What kind of storage issues ? Disks going unconfigured bad ?
I have these problems with 9361-8i serie, not related to disk (as I swap the faulty disk by a new one and get the same error later).

Chris Cooper

Apr 25, 2016
I have two main esxi hosts in a lab cluster without shared storage. Both have an array of NVMe storage options like an Intel 750 and several Samsung 960 evos. During a so called storage event, NVMe continues to work. However, i do also have two vmware guests that use the larger SAS/SATA pool for file storage and veeam backups. Oddly, this last event takes both guest offline but i did notice while browsing the datastore that i could see both folders for the guests but only see the VMDK file in one of the folders. The other simply timed out.

All of my vmfs datastores are also v6 and i have disabled space reclamation to see it that is an issue. I may reformat to a lower version of vmfs to see if its maybe the cause. With access above to one folder and not another on the same volume it seems more like an access issue than hardware.

Last edited: