ESXi "query catalog change" errors

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

csplinter

Jun 20, 2019
I've been ignoring this issue for years, after unsuccessfully googling for answers for too long. I'd be really grateful for any help to finally quash this thing.

1640187340850.png
These things show up in my ESXi monitor screen under "tasks." When opened it looks like
1640187242221.png

For the sake of future searchers, that says "haTask--vim.vslm.host.CatalogSyncManager.queryCatalogChange-3887384400" and "Failed - The object or item referred to could not be found."

They occur every 1 minute + 1 second.

The platform is vmware ESXi 6.7.0. I also have VMware vCenter server appliance 6.7.0.31000 running as a guest on this same machine. I didn't do a lot of tinkering or changes to the default settings. I've probably installed a couple updates since the initial install. I'm really not sure what else is relevant.

What do these messages mean, and how can I make them go away?

Thanks!

Attachments

nettrix

May 11, 2022
I have the exact same issue, but, it only appears in the tasks on VMware Workstation Pro, I don't see it on the ESXi host or in Center. It's been driving me insane. I did notice it started to occur after we upgraded center from 6.7 to 7.0 though.