esxi over serial ,how to send f2 or f12 key to esxi

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Freebsd1976

Feb 23, 2018
I run esxi on headless server , manage to run it on the server over serial , but the nic not work. need use f2 to setup it ,but putty can't send f2 to serial console (try every option ESC[n~ , vt400 ,vt100+ ,linux ,xterm R6,sco , none work) ,could anyone recommend a soft that can send f2 to serial console?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Have you tried selecting vt400, or xterm R6 and pressing the ESC and number 2 key? I have had some luck over the years with that. Alternatively, you could script it. There's instructions on how to do that on the Putty website :)

Also try with application keypad mode on, otherwise you'll just be sending numbers...

Last edited:

Freebsd1976

Feb 23, 2018
Have you tried selecting vt400, or xterm R6 and pressing the ESC and number 2 key? I have had some luck over the years with that. Alternatively, you could script it. There's instructions on how to do that on the Putty website :)

Also try with application keypad mode on, otherwise you'll just be sending numbers...
thanks , will try it vt400+ ESC and number 2