ESXi 6.5 nfs dedicated vswitch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
Cross posting here and hardocp. Hopefully someone can point where I am screwing this up as I have no doubt that is the case. I am trying to set up a dedicated switch for NFS traffic on an AOI server using Napp-it. I have the vswitch and port groups setup. I have a single nic from the napp-it vm and vmk1 in dedicated PGs connected to the switch. I also have a dedicated stack. I can ping each interface from the other, provided I specify the custom stack on esxi. What I cannot do is connect via nfs. Also when I attempt to traceroute from the esxi console it is attempting to exit the wrong interface. Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Try to connect the NFS vnic to the same vswitch as the vmkernel.

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
I went back and deleted vmk1 and then created a new one using the default stack. It now works. I don't think this is a long term solution but it does show that something was awry with the custom stack. For the moment it works well enough for testing. I'll look more into it during the upcoming week.