ES Xeon Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
hi nero243, what is the motherboard and was it stress tested or something? looks nice
I'm using a Supermicro H11ssl-i, runs rocksolid like that. But i need a old Bios version or i'll get a instant crash under allcore load, might be a Agesa issue or a CPB issue with the ES. I have to do some more testing on that.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
whats the single core score for your setup and thermals under load ? thanks
Singlecore performance really depends on the memory interleaving settings and the core priority of the OS. Best was around 130, the multicore score drops to 3800 like that and with the multicore settings the singlecore score drops to about 110.

Unlocked software overclocking on windows today, the 2.9 GHz allcore turbo are not a limit anymore :D

Thermals are not an issue for me, i'm running custom loop watercooling with a 1080 radiator. Coretemp is reporting 27°C at idle and 56°C at prime 95 small ffts. I'd say you can add 10°C on these readings, doesn't seem realistic otherwise. VRMs are more of a problem, but i'm going to mill a waterblock when i have some more time.

Reactions: RageBone

Mihail

Dec 4, 2017
this are excellent results for a cpu which cost a fraction of the retail product price , all core turbo and overclock availability is a huge bonus on top - i know that windows scheduler is a pain when it comes to so many cores :D keep it up i believe you can get more out of it :)

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Compared my Setup to what der8auer was testing on a retail CPU. Something is very wrong on his side. But I'm pretty astonished what i'm getting out of my CPU, expected much lower results.

His score:

Mine with 2400MHz RAM and the CPU also at 3.4 GHz. Also he has all the benefits with proper RAM timings @ 2666 MHz, a retail CPU, new AGESA update and a Chiller on the CPU o_O

Attachments

Mihail

Dec 4, 2017
so sad that there is nothing for supermicro 3647 socket boards ))) i'm considering buying same chip and mobo as yours, there was a listing £400 on ebay for 1.6ghz sample and something over £500 for 1.9ghz :-D

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
I've got the 1.6 GHz sample but it runs only at 1.4 GHz on allcores stock. Overclocking should be possible on any mainboard. But keep in mind that these ES CPUs only run with early Bios versions, so a flasher might be required to roll back and you might not be able to use newer AGESA updates.

Reactions: Elton_Setan

Mihail

Dec 4, 2017
i will probably stick to supermicro as when it comes to es cpus this widely supports most of these, if the cpu and motherboard will boot up then i will be able to flash an older firmware) :)

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Rolling back from Vers. 1.0c to 1.0 wasn't possible with AFUefi, not even with the /GAN operator. Afuwin is useless on the H11SSL-i board there's a 50/50 chance that the flash will crash the system.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Afudos doesn't find any flashable chips and won't work at all. Just believe me, i did at least 20 flashs on this board now. But maybe you'll be lucky and receive a board with ver. 1.00.

scraper

Jul 31, 2018
Amazing, ill try contacting them thru Ali to see if they have any knowledge on compatibility.

Probably will get one in due time, thanks for heads up!

Reactions: RageBone

Elton_Setan

Jan 18, 2019
Hello,

I recently bought a Supermicro X11SPG-TF board. I already figured out that a basic ATX power supply won't work, what power supplies are you using and do you use a power distributor? Also, if I modified an adapter to fit the required pinout specifications of this board could I use my ATX power supply with the adapter or would the current be too low compared to a server PSU?

Motherboard pinout: http://prntscr.com/m8yq1y

Thanks.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
Hello,

I recently bought a Supermicro X11SPG-TF board. I already figured out that a basic ATX power supply won't work, what power supplies are you using and do you use a power distributor? Also, if I modified an adapter to fit the required pinout specifications of this board could I use my ATX power supply with the adapter or would the current be too low compared to a server PSU?

Motherboard pinout: Screenshot

Thanks.
I had that pinout on a H8DGG, I just repined the ATX connector with some extra 12v cables from a Pcie connector. If you have a PSU with different 12v rails check that you have rails with enough power connected. If you look out for that, a ATX PSU is going to work just fine.

Elton_Setan

Jan 18, 2019
I had that pinout on a H8DGG, I just repined the ATX connector with some extra 12v cables from a Pcie connector. If you have a PSU with different 12v rails check that you have rails with enough power connected. If you look out for that, a ATX PSU is going to work just fine.
I see, thanks for the quick feedback. I really appreciate it. I will try this and if it doesn't work out I'll just get a 700W redundant PSU and a Power Distributor.

nero243

Oct 28, 2018
I see, thanks for the quick feedback. I really appreciate it. I will try this and if it doesn't work out I'll just get a 700W redundant PSU and a Power Distributor.
Don't worry it'll work fine, if you don't mess up ;)

That's what mine looked like, just insulate and ziptie away the cables you don't need anymore