ES Xeon Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
This thread is amazing but very hard to find the basic information. How about an spreadsheet to track the knowledge.

@RolloZ170 , please update :) You have all the knowledge

Everyone, please contribute.
little Notes:
in the ES CPU Compatibility List,about 4189 Socket
you can add info for the mobo SM-X12SPL-F + ES QWAT
working good and stability with
BIOS v1.6
BMC v 01.03.05
I tested it from personal experience
BIOS v1.6 Bmc v 01.03.08
the system booting, everything is displayed, but, when you start to put a load on the cpu
the fans are loaded at full power, lowered and so on in cyclic order, that is, there is no stability
exactly the same situation with
BIOS v1.9 BMC v 01.03.11
I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but on the other hand, the motherboard is completely new, SM replaced it under warranty
I'm attaching a screenshot so that if anyone needs it, I can see it
1711013045066.png

MillionMiles

Aug 22, 2023
XEON-W work on X13SEI/X13DEI?
I have seen a discussion of this on STH somewhere , and some one said X13DEI with BIOS1.1 can run XEON-W
Has anyone tried it? I want to run XEON-W 2400 Series on X13SEI.

Last edited:

Civiloid

Jan 15, 2024
In case that would be of interest to anyone, I've installed dual Noctua NH-U12S DX4677 on my Gigabyte MS73-HB1. Although it is officially incompatible, it actually works well. It is a bit hard to snap in the fan, but other than that, it is okay. I basically pushed the clip between radiators with my fingers from the side, which is suboptimal, but ok.

My 8490H ES E0 is barely audiable at its current state and stays relatively cool with 65C (149F) on CPU under my workload and y-cruncher.

2024-03-24 18.57.37.jpg2024-03-24 18.57.29.jpg

Last edited:

Civiloid

Jan 15, 2024
Thanks for the information I will use it in the future
I had a Chinese Coolerserver M97 as a temporary cooler, which looks like a U12S clone. I can also tell that while it looks similar, it is worse. Fans need to spin up faster on that, and temperatures are about +10C compared to Noctua. So unless you get it for less than 50$ per cooler, I'd probably recommend paying more for Noctua but just having a better experience. It was also similar size-wise, but clips are way more complicated to install than Noctua (it would be no difference in that regard on a single CPU motherboard though).

Reactions: AVID-MEDIA

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
In case that would be of interest to anyone, I've installed dual Noctua NH-U12S DX4677 on my Gigabyte MS73-HB1. Although it is officially incompatible, it actually works well. It is a bit hard to snap in the fan, but other than that, it is okay. I basically pushed the clip between radiators with my fingers from the side, which is suboptimal, but ok.

My 8490H ES E0 is barely audiable at its current state and stays relatively cool with 65C (149F) on CPU under my workload and y-cruncher.

What are these cards for? Never seen them before.

I am using Freezer 4U-M | Multicompatible 4U Single Tower CPU Cooler | ARCTIC. Marketing says it is "compact" but it is huge but amazingly quiet. I don't hear any fan noise, even outside of the case. I chose that one because it was the cheapest but I am very pleased for a single socket solution. I don't think it will fit a dual socket MB.

Reactions: DHamov

Civiloid

Jan 15, 2024
What are these cards for? Never seen them before.
From left to right: Mellanox ConnectX-5 x2, Mellanox ConnectX-6 x1, Mellanox ConnectX-5, Mellanox BlueField-2 (ConnectX-6 DPU), Mellanox ConnectX-5 - bunch of network cards as I'm using that thing as a dev machine to test network cards performance, patching some opensource projects around that and slowly drafting my own packet generator.

I don't think it will fit a dual socket MB.
Yeah, doesn't look like that, because of the fan orientation.

Reactions: nexox