ES cpu issues with Supermicro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ycp

Jun 22, 2014
Hey all these issues are resolved now, the cpu's I purchased from AJXCR are working fine, it was MY mistake i wasn't installing the cpu's correctly in the motherboard.
AJXCR was nice enough to help me troubleshoot and he figured out my problem.
I have never seen a seller help a buyer out after 2 months of purchase.

ycp

Jun 22, 2014
How exactly is it possible to install these CPUs incorrectly?
Actually i didn't tighten all the screws on the heatsink. it was my first time dealing with server cpus. So, i thought not tightening all the screws wouldn't make that much of a difference.

chrgrose

Jul 18, 2018
Has anyone updated the BIOS/IPMI to the latest versions (2.1/1.62, respectively) with such processors on the X11DPH-T?

I purchased QL2M's and an X11DPH-T and have been having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to get it to work properly (refuses to run higher than 0.3 GHz).

Kupaloid

Mar 16, 2018
Has anyone updated the BIOS/IPMI to the latest versions (2.1/1.62, respectively) with such processors on the X11DPH-T?

I purchased QL2M's and an X11DPH-T and have been having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to get it to work properly (refuses to run higher than 0.3 GHz).
Try to tighten the screw a bit, I have heard weird issues caused by loose contacts.

chrgrose

Jul 18, 2018
Try to tighten the screw a bit, I have heard weird issues caused by loose contacts.
I wish it were that simple. I've remounted them a few times but always the same. I used to think it was thermal throttling due to the (erroneous) report of high package temperature (>100C) but it seems like this is common.

romanstingler

Nov 8, 2018
Hi guys.
I bought 2 ql1k and
samsung M393A2K40CB2-CVF

worked ok after the first mistake, putting the memory in the black slots.

wanted to upgrade bios to 3.0x
but it told me cpu not supported. after bios flash still 2.1 in bios.

is there a trick or something like this?

tesla100

Jun 15, 2016
Hi there,

I also bought two QL2M Xeon Platinum ES chips a brand new motherboard Supermicro X11DPH-T rev 1.10 with Bios ver. 2.1.

Since yesterday I am trying to make it running, but no luck so far. The problem is that the CPU is running at 700MHz only (won't boost) and all in all the system is VERY slow. I tried tightening the screws, I tried both CPUs in socket 1, I tried different kind of DDR4 ECC memory (RDimms, Udimms, 8gb, 16gb, 32GB modules), I tried upgrading the BIOS to the latest version... But no luck at all. The only thing I was not able to try was to put both CPUs at the same time in both sockets, as at the moment I only have one plastic retention frame for omni path xeons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.