Errors in RAID LOG - Drives disappearing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ed.

Oct 4, 2014
Hi Guys, My Raid 5 setup seems to being strange things lately. When the computer wakes up from hibernation, the RAID drives sometimes don't show up, looking at the Log there seems to be a CRC error detected, not sure if the error is in the drives or the controller itself, it lists error in FW in one screen shot so I am assuming it refers to the firmware in the controller and not in the drives?

If it is a problem in the firmware is it possible to reflash the firmware from a different brand, what I mean is, I think that my card is an NEC LSI 9267-8i 512MB, but I haven't been able to find the firmware for this model anywhere, I have found one from Broadcom which covers the 9266-8I and the 9270-8I, but it doesn't show my card in it's list at all, does anyone think that using this Firmware would work on my card or will it stuff it up completely seeing as I don't have an original FW copy to redo in case of a fail.

Here are two image grabs from the MegaRAID Storage Manager software, I have just upgraded this software from a V6.707.07.00 to the V17.05.01.03 (so that could also be an issue as well).

After a reboot, the drives show up and everything works as it should.

I am off for about 5-6 weeks from tomorrow morning and was hoping to sort this out before I go.

Cheers
Ed.

Attachments