Epyc Workstation Motherboards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BillC

Aug 13, 2019
Hello all,
I am doing my research for a build based on the Epyc 7351P. It will be a workstation used as a DAW, and other desktop tasks. I plan to run Windows 10 Pro for Workstations as the OS. I will probably dual-boot into some variety of Linux as well.

Which motherboard would the community recommend?

Thanks for all your help,
Bill

Jul 16, 2019
SuperMicro, AsRock, and Gigabyte all market solid Epyc motherboards.

If you don't need a lot of bells and whistles, the cheapest SuperMicro board should do well. The MBD-H11SSL series are the cheapest I've seen - there's several models with various options.

AsRock has a nice mobo too, but it's out of stock on newegg.

Gigabyte has 3 nice boards with a more premium look to them, and you wont have to pay extra for bios updates and support for them.

Reactions: BillC and Fritz

BillC

Aug 13, 2019
SuperMicro, AsRock, and Gigabyte all market solid Epyc motherboards.

If you don't need a lot of bells and whistles, the cheapest SuperMicro board should do well. The MBD-H11SSL series are the cheapest I've seen - there's several models with various options.

AsRock has a nice mobo too, but it's out of stock on newegg.

Gigabyte has 3 nice boards with a more premium look to them, and you wont have to pay extra for bios updates and support for them.
Thank you very much, I'll start shopping around for those.

All the best!
Bill

Reactions: Hydrogen_Bombaklot

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
The MZ31-AR0 is the one i'd keep a look out for, onboard 10Gig SFP+ really should be on any board sold as a workstation part these days.