Epyc 7443P and all those missing 7003 Epycs + next Threadripper info

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
(Pre-)Order opportunities should be widely available by now for all those missing 7003 Epyc processors:
  1. Delivery by AMD is scheduled for 11th of June 2021 for 7003 CPUs.
  2. Usually you get the new CPUs at list price upon availability. This can change later on to the worse. Recommendation: you want one, order it now so you got one at a fair price.
  3. Not many CPUs are available to the public. As far as I can see right now you can still order for 11th of June. Might be worse later on.
My recommendation: 7443P offers the best price:core ratio and got decent clock speed. Performance-wise the 7443P is the only mid-range Epyc, which comes close to the high end Epyc CPUs.

Threadripper Zen3:
  1. Launch is expected in August 2021.
  2. Availability is planned for September 2021 for now.
  3. A 16 core model should/will be available.
  4. They will be most likely compatible with the current sTRX4-socket boards (with BIOS update).

EDIT/PS: This applies to distributor/wholesales. If you order from "standard" retailers - good luck.

Last edited:

Keith Myers

Oct 10, 2020
I sure hope that the places I've placed a pre-order for a 7443P are able to fill the order. Was supposed to be in stock when I ordered only to get a email a day later saying inventory count was wrong and not to expect it till August.

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
All good. The Epyc part is verified by me at large wholesalers and distributors - I can see deliveries and orders online in real time. The Threadripper part I am not allowed to tell, where I got it from. More coincidence I got the info since I am eagerly waiting for the 16 core TR.

PS - Edit: funny delivery ETAs for the missing Epyc CPUs have been deleted at two distributors within the last12 hours... As a reminder: usually all products are delivered to the large distributors in an area/country, which then supply those to wholesales and retailers, where end users can buy those. I'll update here and watch closely - this is going to be funky it seems...

Last edited:

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
PPS: turns out the missing CPUs arrived early. "ETA deleted" now switched to "available in stock". So Germany has all EPYC CPUs now availble.
PPPS (like 30mins later): and most are already sold - "out of stock", some 7413, 72f3, 7513, 7713 and 7763 still available. These go fast...

Last edited:

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
Cool. Any tips where to get them as a single end user?
Usually Mindfactory, Alternate are really fast, but you must order them, usually by phone, so that purchasing places immediate orders. If you got a small retailer for PC parts closeby, ask him to order at Ingram, Techdata or similar - asap.

Hac

Apr 19, 2021
I (pre)ordered a 7443p alongside SuperMicro H12SSL motherboard from a European SuperMicro systems integrator and they gave me an estimate of 1-2 months for delivery. Seems they didn’t get anything in the first batch, but I’m hoping they are well connected enough to get these at some point.
And as a regular consumer, it was super weird to get a call from couple of their sales guys after my order .

At least the CPUs haven’t been as hopeless to get as GPUs, so some glimmer of hope there.

Reactions: lihp

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
I (pre)ordered a 7443p alongside SuperMicro H12SSL motherboard from a European SuperMicro systems integrator and they gave me an estimate of 1-2 months for delivery. Seems they didn’t get anything in the first batch, but I’m hoping they are well connected enough to get these at some point.
And as a regular consumer, it was super weird to get a call from couple of their sales guys after my order .

At least the CPUs haven’t been as hopeless to get as GPUs, so some glimmer of hope there.
There was a promotion until a few days ago for the H12SSL-NT board and some more stuff. Maybe you are lucky and some retailers got a batch. Should you find a few cheap ones (almost close to H12SSL-i) then snag one.

ATM it seems first batch of CPUs is sold for the most part. Likewise large HDDs and SSDs. You can still get some at old prices (if you know where to look and have friends there), but running out of time...

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
ShopBLT sent me an update this morning that their ETA for 7443P to arrive at their warehouse 7/1/2021.

Regarding your pre-order for the following item:

Item Unit Extended
Qty ID # Description Price Price
--- -------- -------------------------- ------------ ------------
001 B9AA785 EPYC 7443P 24C 200W SP3 1,404.95 1,404.95
MFG #: 100-000000342
ETA TO WAREHOUSE: 7/1/21
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchase Sub Total: $1,404.95
Shipping: 0.00
Handling: 0.00
Sales Tax: 0.00
Order Total: $1,404.95

We have been informed that the ordered product has an updated estimated time of arrival (ETA) into our warehouse of 07/01/21. We sincerely appreciate your patience and will be shipping your order as soon as is possible.
I am located in the east coast USA.

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
ShopBLT sent me an update this morning that their ETA for 7443P to arrive at their warehouse 7/1/2021.

I am located in the east coast USA.
Germany - mine is waiting at the distributor for the rest of my order, a large batch of SSDs ;) And yes, I cant wait...

vcc3

Aug 19, 2018
@lihp could you please tel me wehre you could order an EPYC 7443P. Hence, I want to order one since the Milian presentation.

epycftw

Jul 1, 2021
So scan is now showing 7443P's expected end of January 2022. What the actual **** is going on for anyone who wants one who isn't a hyperscaler or government-funded supercomputer?

lihp

Jan 2, 2021
So scan is now showing 7443P's expected end of January 2022. What the actual **** is going on for anyone who wants one who isn't a hyperscaler or government-funded supercomputer?
Meaning you want one, but dont get one? Which country are you in? Esspecially in Europe I can help ya.

ectoplasmosis

Jul 28, 2021
They are available if you're willing to put the time and legwork in to hunt them down. I got hold of another 6x 7443P units a couple of weeks ago.