Environmental Monitoring : Server Room

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

swflmarco

Mar 28, 2013
Fort Myers, FL USA
I'm looking for some recommendations for environmental monitoring solutions for the server room.
The location i'm looking to put this is has a smaller server room, only a couple of racks and 2x Liebert Datamate CRACs that have external contact switches for when they alarm, however no built in smarts to send temp/humidity alarms.

I'd like a solution that:
  • Expandable IOs (Multiple Temps/Humid sensors)
  • Digital Inputs
  • Output relay

Communicates:
  • IP Based
  • SNMP accessible
  • Emails on alerts
  • configurable for API calls on alerts? (We have an API for SMS)
  • Built-in web server?

For some time I've glanced at the NTI Mini Server Environment Monitoring System (LINK)
Some others are:
Avtech (LINK)
APC NetBotz ($$)

swflmarco

Mar 28, 2013
Fort Myers, FL USA
Zach,
Thank you for the suggestion, I do run some UBNT gear here, and generally like it. That said, I had not personally thought of using their gear in this scenario.
I've had a closer look, and it seems that the temp sensor is only temp, not humidity - do you know different? Humidity is very important to monitor in a server room, as it can drop very quickly if the humidifiers fail.. or rise in specific failure situations.

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
I am not sure. I have never used the mport but if you look it does have an analog port which may be able to connect a humidity sensor.