enterprise m.2 nvme drive greater than 1.9tb?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lostmind

Jan 5, 2013
Hi there.

I am on the hunt for some m.2 nvme drives with a storage capacity greater than 1.9tb. Need PLP and at least 1dwpd endurance.

So far all I can find is the micron 7300 pro at 3.8tb, but it is out of stock everywhere (I bought one on newegg for testing and the seller messaged me to say it is out of stock so dunno how that will work out).

My usual hardware vendor has told me that it is a special order item and they have no idea if the drives will ever actually come in stock again.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks!

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Samsung PM983 is available in 3.84TB. Just note that the PCB is slightly wider than most SSDs. Good for 1.3DWPD and appears to have widespread availability.

Hynix PE6011 also fits the bill, but availability appears limited.

lostmind

Jan 5, 2013
Just an update in case anyone else is going down this path. No one has more than 1 unit of these drives in stock with no eta on more units coming in.

I'd just upgrade the server hardware to a platform with better nvme support except, no stock on that anywhere either. Situation is so bad Dell Canada can't even get me quotes in my inbox even after 3 zoom calls.

So tired of the hardware insanity.