Enabling Bifurcation on Supermicro Board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jahsoul

Dec 13, 2013
War Eagle Country
Since Supermicro couldn't provide any help, I figured I would bring it here. I've been trying to enable bifurcation on my X10DRL-CT and nothing is going on. I've enabled it in BIOS and set it to 4x4x4x4 but when VMWare starts up, I'm still only seeing one of my drives. I was just wondering if anyone has accomplished this and if it might be something I'm missing.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Can you provide screenshots how you have configured it and what card you are trying this with and which slot?

Iirc not all slot supports this and on X10 boards its not working with all cards (at least it didnt with older bios versions, not sure they fixed that)

Krobar

Aug 25, 2012
I tried enabling this by using the hidden bios setting on an X9DRI and it didn't work. Its definitely a bios level fix that's needed if you only see 1 drive.

jahsoul

Dec 13, 2013
War Eagle Country
Can you provide screenshots how you have configured it and what card you are trying this with and which slot?

Iirc not all slot supports this and on X10 boards its not working with all cards (at least it didnt with older bios versions, not sure they fixed that)
I have to get it from my other computer, but I basically enabled the hidden features in the BIOS and updated it. The option was there but I'm still only seeing one.

I tried enabling this by using the hidden bios setting on an X9DRI and it didn't work. Its definitely a bios level fix that's needed if you only see 1 drive.
I'm really hoping it's a way around it. The features of the board is awesome but the lack of slots are killing me. I might try bios-mod and see if they can help..lol. I honestly don't see a reason why it wasn't included on this board. If push comes to shove, I will sell it and get an Asrock board. It would suck to lose the onboard hardware raid but I need that functionality (bifurcation).

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well hidden features may have a reason why they are hidden... I have a few X11 boards (E3) were SM officially said bifurcation will not work at all when certain SM cards were supposed to run ("Compatible with all X11 boards").
But I'd try different slots if you can