EMC Branded HGST SSD Firmware Update

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Is it possible to update firmware in drives like the HUSMM1616ASS204 (IDs as HUSMM141CLAR1600)? I have a mix of C250 and C342 firmwares on my drives. I would like to upgrade them all to C342 or newer if possible. I was able to change them all 520B->512B blocks and 6gb->12gb rate already but would still like to upgrade firmware if possible.

Beyond doing it on my random computer. Is there a specific EMC SAN or appliance which could perform this update? Where are these drives from? If I got this appliance could I even apply this firmware without a active service contract to get the firmware itself?

moeali

Jul 12, 2023
I just wanna ask how did you make them read 12gb i have some only reading 6gb but they are 12

mr44er

Feb 22, 2020
Is there a specific EMC SAN or appliance which could perform this update?
You don't need the appliance, you need to find out in which appliances these disks were delivered. If there's more than one (EMC Clariion?), you have a higher chance to get an update package from anywhere. In there are often/sometimes the fw-binaries you want, with them you can use sg_write_buffer or hdparm
I recommend to grab every package you can find, then extract it manually with 7zip etc and crawl every folder.

You could try your luck: HDD Firmware Downloads. PC-3000 Support Downloads. Data recovery and HDD repair tools
If you find EMC-firmware please share it with us :)

Reactions: moeali