eBay Power Filter - Snake Oil?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cheezehead

Sep 23, 2012
Midwest, US
"ePacket delivery from China" = snake oil

Nice photo of a powered on system with it for the LEDs so you know it's working...too bad they forgot to actually install a cpu on it.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
"ePacket delivery from China" = snake oil
This is standard for small parts from China, whether real or counterfeit, useful or useless.
Nice photo of a powered on system with it for the LEDs so you know it's working...too bad they forgot to actually install a cpu on it.
The actual item is a real product using real filters. I doubt it serves any useful purpose, though. It seems to be targeted at the audio crowd, but is not priced appropriately ($$$).

I've worked on computer systems where the "low current" power supplies were 2500A (massive ECL systems) and noise was not a problem on even a prototype design. And if it was, we wouldn't try to solve it in the M-box (memory) if it was affecting the whole system.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
When you have such clean filtered power going to your RAM you don't need a CPU :rolleyes:

If these had any value you'd hear about them from more than just a sketchy ebay listing.

wiretap

Jul 14, 2015
Michigan
I'm almost tempted to buy all of these just to do a comparison and make a website to show it makes zero difference since sound quality depends on your DAC/amp/speakers. I'm sure someone has already showed that this is snake oil though, so I won't waste my money.