EBay - LSI Logic SAS9200-8E 2 X SFF-8088-Ports - NIB - $40

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aero

Apr 27, 2016
For brand new in box, with both low profile, and full brackets, that's a great deal I'd say.

HWGeek

Sep 30, 2015
I got one BO from him for $30 just recently, seems he raised his base price after that though.

Reactions: Sleyk

ArcyneTheFirst

Jan 22, 2016
What are you guys using to hold the drives with these cards? (assuming that the 8e designation means external right?)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

HomeLabber

Dec 13, 2015
What are you guys using to hold the drives with these cards? (assuming that the 8e designation means external right?)

I picked up 2 SA120's this past weekend so these cards are primarily to connect to those. Yes 8E means external.

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
Yeah Chankster, seems like seller wants to stay at $35 bucks now. This was what he took from me in Feb. Still a great price for the card though. Maybe try for multiple? No harm in seeing if he would go lower with an offer for 2 x $30 bucks if you need 2?

Hey Awesomesauce, are you looking for a 2nd gen 16 port external? Not sure if you saw/knew about this one, but listing is $62 bucks. Seller is accepting something like $50 bucks best offer for one. Not a bad price for one of these, since only a few months ago, they were slightly over $100 bucks. There are quite a few sellers that have them, but so far, this is the only seller willing to take off $12 bucks off of list price that I know of. Seller may go slightly lower if you go multiple. Not too sure though...

Here ya go my friend:

SAS9201-16e LSI 16-Port, 6Gb/s SAS+SATA to PCI Express Host Bus Adapte

Thank you so much Sleyk. Yes this particular build is for a small NAS Synology and will need to work with 3tb + HDs.

My Giant storage array is coming nicely with first gen card tho :). I will make a build thread when i got all the main parts.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Thank you so much Sleyk. Yes this particular build is for a small NAS Synology and will need to work with 3tb + HDs.

My Giant storage array is coming nicely with first gen card tho :). I will make a build thread when i got all the main parts.
That seller accepted $50 without any haggling. I posted on the SAS drive deal thread. I think that is a great price @12/port. You may want to start @ 45.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Yeah, I think I did see you post that there on that thread as well. I will take your advice on trying to go lower. I need another 2 cards or so. Will see what he takes for multiples...
Actually I wasn't even planning on getting one. I thought I low balled the offer. Had to buy it since the seller accepted the offer :)

vBuild2BAU

Feb 27, 2016
Melbourne Australia
I'm glad you found this auction Shadowrun! I actually saw this auction back in February, and best offered him 4 for $35/card a few months ago. Seller is pretty fair on the best offers, and is one of the good one's on eBay I have stumbled on. Absolutely right. Cards are brand new in box, with plastic still covering them. New from factory, never opened. I didn't have a use for an 8e 2nd gen card at the time, so i just put em' in storage for later days.

Definitely put in a bid for $35 though. Seller should accept. Might even go lower to $30 as HWgeek said.

Also, for reference, take a look at this Chinese seller. Price makes me think he's a nut job:

New Dell 2-Port 6Gbps SAS PCI-E HBA Controller 12DNW 012DNW MD3200 MD3220

Plus, flashing to IT firmware in addition to paying that price? Nah man..
A Nut job who also has managed to sell 21. He can't be that crazy.