EBay - LSI Logic SAS9200-8E 2 X SFF-8088-Ports - NIB - $40

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by Shadowrun78, May 12, 2016.

1. Shadowrun78

Shadowrun78 New Member

Emulsifide, Sleyk and Ray like this.
  2. aero

aero Active Member

For brand new in box, with both low profile, and full brackets, that's a great deal I'd say.

3. HWGeek

HWGeek Member

I got one BO from him for $30 just recently, seems he raised his base price after that though.

Sleyk likes this.
  4. HomeLabber

HomeLabber Member

Picked up 4 @ 37

5. ArcyneTheFirst

ArcyneTheFirst New Member

What are you guys using to hold the drives with these cards? (assuming that the 8e designation means external right?)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. HomeLabber

HomeLabber Member

I picked up 2 SA120's this past weekend so these cards are primarily to connect to those. Yes 8E means external.

7. DonJon

DonJon Member

The SA120 can daisy chain. But why need more than one card?

8. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

I'm glad you found this auction Shadowrun! I actually saw this auction back in February, and best offered him 4 for $35/card a few months ago. Seller is pretty fair on the best offers, and is one of the good one's on eBay I have stumbled on. Absolutely right. Cards are brand new in box, with plastic still covering them. New from factory, never opened. I didn't have a use for an 8e 2nd gen card at the time, so i just put em' in storage for later days.

Definitely put in a bid for $35 though. Seller should accept. Might even go lower to $30 as HWgeek said.

Also, for reference, take a look at this Chinese seller. Price makes me think he's a nut job:

New Dell 2-Port 6Gbps SAS PCI-E HBA Controller 12DNW 012DNW MD3200 MD3220

Plus, flashing to IT firmware in addition to paying that price? Nah man..

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  9. Chankster

Chankster Member

I offered $30 and he countered with $35.

10. Awesomesauce

Awesomesauce Member

Any 16 port deal?. I'm building small Nas with only one pci slot :(

11. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

Yeah Chankster, seems like seller wants to stay at $35 bucks now. This was what he took from me in Feb. Still a great price for the card though. Maybe try for multiple? No harm in seeing if he would go lower with an offer for 2 x $30 bucks if you need 2?

Hey Awesomesauce, are you looking for a 2nd gen 16 port external? Not sure if you saw/knew about this one, but listing is $62 bucks. Seller is accepting something like $50 bucks best offer for one. Not a bad price for one of these, since only a few months ago, they were slightly over $100 bucks. There are quite a few sellers that have them, but so far, this is the only seller willing to take off $12 bucks off of list price that I know of. Seller may go slightly lower if you go multiple. Not too sure though...

Here ya go my friend:

SAS9201-16e LSI 16-Port, 6Gb/s SAS+SATA to PCI Express Host Bus Adapte

12. Awesomesauce

Awesomesauce Member

Thank you so much Sleyk. Yes this particular build is for a small NAS Synology and will need to work with 3tb + HDs.

My Giant storage array is coming nicely with first gen card tho :). I will make a build thread when i got all the main parts.

13. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

Yeah, that would be nice to see Awesomesauce! When you make the thread, I will take pics of my build and post too.

14. nthu9280

nthu9280 Well-Known Member

That seller accepted $50 without any haggling. I posted on the SAS drive deal thread. I think that is a great price @12/port. You may want to start @ 45.

15. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

Yeah, I think I did see you post that there on that thread before! I will take your advice on trying to go lower. I got a few cards from another seller before, but I think I will need another 2 cards or so. Will see what he takes for more than one.

16. nthu9280

nthu9280 Well-Known Member

Actually I wasn't even planning on getting one. I thought I low balled the offer. Had to buy it since the seller accepted the offer :)

17. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

That's too funny! Kinda took you by surprise right!

That happened to me one time I was buying 4 1TB drives from a guy on eBay. I low balled him. I mean, I really low balled him. He wanted $30 bucks at the time per drive, but I put in a bid for $15/drive. I didnt really want them, but I was like he won't accept my low ball offer anyway. Next I know, seller not only accepted my offer, but upgraded my economy shipping to priority. I paid that shit promptly. Drives were brand new.

I have been looking for that guy ever since. Never saw him again. He doesn't have an account anymore. Heck, for all I know, drives were stolen, and he made a few quick bucks.

18. svt3391

svt3391 Member

How did you find out the drives were stolen?

19. Sleyk

Sleyk Active Member

Nah, I think they might have been stolen only because the guy took the lowest ball offer I put in and shipped them to me super quick. The seller never posted anything ever again and closed his account. He might have opened under another name, not sure.

Well, you never know really. The guy could have been legit and just wanted to sell him stuff and make a few quick bucks. I mean, that can happen, but the drives were totally new. If I was selling new drives, I don't think I would take such a low ball offer, even if i needed the cash, but sometimes people do.

20. vBuild2BAU

vBuild2BAU Member

A Nut job who also has managed to sell 21. He can't be that crazy.