ebay Lenovo Mellanox Connectx-3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DaveP

Jul 30, 2016
I confirmed that digging through the Mellanox datasheets. Thanks OP, I put in a BO for 2 @ $75 each. We'll see if the seller goes for it

DaveP

Jul 30, 2016
Seller came back at $80 each, good enough for me. Two shiny new NICs coming my way.

Thanks OP!

DaveP

Jul 30, 2016
Lenovo 00W0053 MLNX ConnectX-3 EN 2PT SFP+ 10GbE Adapter Server ZZ | eBay
Lenovo version of Mellanox Connectx-3 with 2x 10gbe sfp+
They counter-offered at $80 each for 2, though I'm also getting a dac from them.
This seems like one of the better prices I've seen lately for this one. Granted, it's the IBM version, but my understanding is that they're easy to flash back to stock.
Enjoy!
What dac are you getting to go with those NICs? Trying to see what will work for me with them. Thanks in advance.

gzorn

Jan 10, 2017
What dac are you getting to go with those NICs? Trying to see what will work for me with them. Thanks in advance.
Well, I picked up Lenovo IBM 3M Passive DAC SFP+ Copper Cable 90Y9430 zz 94y9429 94Y9428 | eBay from the same seller. It seems like the Mellanox cards aren't locked into particular DAC's but I figured that getting one from IBM/Lenovo was the safest way to go initially.

I'm going to try to reflash to stock Mellanox firmware anyway.
Eventually, I'll pick up some longer DAC cables.

gzorn

Jan 10, 2017
And.... fail. Apparently, the seller had relisted the item without checking their stock, so they refunded to me. I don't really need the 10G, anyway. I'll wait for another good deal to come up on 10G cards.

DaveP, you'll probably get the sale cancelled as well.

DaveP

Jul 30, 2016
And.... fail. Apparently, the seller had relisted the item without checking their stock, so they refunded to me. I don't really need the 10G, anyway. I'll wait for another good deal to come up on 10G cards.

DaveP, you'll probably get the sale cancelled as well.
Sure did. Got the email about 30 minutes ago. That's upsetting, but not the end of the world or anything. I actually do need the 10g as I'm setting up a StorageSpaces Direct cluster in the home lab. Got to keep my eyes peeled for another deal on good 10g NICs.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Well, I picked up Lenovo IBM 3M Passive DAC SFP+ Copper Cable 90Y9430 zz 94y9429 94Y9428 | eBay from the same seller. It seems like the Mellanox cards aren't locked into particular DAC's but I figured that getting one from IBM/Lenovo was the safest way to go initially.

I'm going to try to reflash to stock Mellanox firmware anyway.
Eventually, I'll pick up some longer DAC cables.
Don't know if eSiso still have but a while ago they had a special on the older single port HP branded Mellonox card with 3m DACs for about 25.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

gzorn

Jan 10, 2017