EXPIRED ebay Intel P3605 1.6TB HHHL - 140 (sold out)-150 (sold out) USD shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Edited to update deal status as dead.

I've been watching this for a while and is the best price I've seen on the p3605.

I've purchased from the various buybest's before and have not had an issue that they didn't fix and they have cut me some deals beyond what is in their listings when buying in quantity.

also known as a SUN F160 accelerator.

Intel P3605
$140.00 USD with 80-88% health sold out

$150.00 USD with 90%+ health 31 remaining as of 20220520 sold out

Note the listing talks about these devices having a lot of days/hours on them so read carefully.
ton of threads here about these drives including some firmware (older post), endurance (its high) etc. etc.

I personally am a fan of this device.

I have no affiliation with the seller other than being a customer.

Last edited:

Lambdariver

Mar 24, 2019
Count me in the fan club too! Running most of my homelab workloads on a pair of these for years and have even used them as plotting drives for Chia crypto without much of a hit to endurance.

Reactions: Samir

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
Is the health more related to hours-left lifespan or write endurance remaining? Or combo of both

Reactions: Samir

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
How warm do these get while idle? You pretty much need an HBA/NIC heatsink for most modern adapters if you run them in consumer cases or SuperMicro cases where you're controlling fan speeds so I am wondering if they can be comfortably ran in a low-ish airflow config.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
if you run them in consumer cases or SuperMicro cases where you're controlling fan speeds so I am wondering if they can be comfortably ran in a low-ish airflow config.
Its just 6-7w idle and 18-20w area active so not extremely warm, pretty much an average few gens old intel nic :p

For my whiteboxes ive ran:
cheapo 4u case like this dual 80mm rear, 80+120mm front.
supermicro X10SRH-CF
E5-2650L v4 + 128gb ddr4
supermicros dual sfp+ card
One of these cards for vSAN
6x 2.5 ssd/spinners for ceph VM

And i did not have any heat issues with that setup

Glock24

May 13, 2019
How warm do these get while idle? You pretty much need an HBA/NIC heatsink for most modern adapters if you run them in consumer cases or SuperMicro cases where you're controlling fan speeds so I am wondering if they can be comfortably ran in a low-ish airflow config.
I bought 2 recently and just yesterday I was able to test them. In the BIOS screen they consume around 10W, with OS loaded idle power is about 4W, measured with a killawatt for the whole system. I tested first without the drive.

BTW I got them from this seller:

They had about 5 years POH and 970GB/1600GB written respectively. Both are at 98% health.