eBay GSP in summer 2020

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

3nodeproblem

Jun 28, 2020
What are peoples' experience with eBay Global Shipping recently? I ordered a switch from the US where shipping is supposedly handled by eBay; got a tracking number from the seller with the last update being it arriving at eBays' center in KY over 1 week ago. E-mails to eBay are going unanswered, their previous support phone number for buyers now only give an automated message and apart from Twitter (also no response), I'm unable to find any other means of contact.

Searching online and I see some forum posts on their Community Forum of people having their items stuck for over a month.

So I guess a word of caution to using GSP right now if you want your items in a timely manner.
How long has it taken for you to have your items sent out?

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
The USPS is being systematically screwed up, I would imagine this is causing all sorts of issues across the board with ebay us shippers.

niekbergboer

Jun 21, 2016
Switzerland
FWIW: I choose offers with Global Shipping a lot from Switzerland, because that way you pay everything, including VAT, beforehand, and customs clearing goes a lot faster. It would be a shame if that went away.

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Things are pretty darn slow compared to normal via Global Shipping from USA, especially from the west-coast. Though a backplane has just arrived at the UK hub from Texas today morning, expecting delivery tomorrow I think. The order was made last Monday, so not really sure what to make of that.

3nodeproblem

Jun 28, 2020
Just got an update last night that things were finally moving. No idea if it's related to me harassing eBay over email (which still hasn't seen any replies) or not.

niekbergboer

Jun 21, 2016
Switzerland
@Dreecy: That is a fair criticism of the program, since it is true :) In my particular case, though, I trade latency for variance: Swiss customs can be very jittery in their processing latency, and that I shave off by paying a bit more in terms of latency.