EATX Cases for a Supermicro X9DR3-F/X9DRi-F Motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

statmankyle21

Apr 9, 2021
I recently bought an X9DRi-F for a 2P workstation with x2 Xeon E5 2690V2 and 256GB of RAM

However, it is not compatible with a DIYPC Silence BK-Window. I expected to add a few standoff locations, but there is a cable tie-down where the standoff above the X9DRi-F's IO is located, and there is a clearance issue near the top front of the motherboard by the CD bays. I have been searching the forums for some ideas, but some of these cases are discontinued. It looks like some more expensive Fractal, Coolermaster, and Corsair EATX cases have more standoff locations, but the standoff above the IO shield is an issue. As long as it's flat, I could drill it out for a metal standoff or use a plastic shelf-adhesive standoff.

I am curious if the Supermicro EATX form factor varies between its products or is consistent. Getting dimensions for that could be useful in my search or anyone else who will have this issue. Some of these PC case manuals are a little disappointing.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
E-ATX is not a standard, but SSI-EEB is, and many cases can fit it, including RSV-L4500, Enthoo Pro, Define 7 XL, and even S340 / H500. And of course 826, 846, etc.

statmankyle21

Apr 9, 2021
I will look into the cases above, but who makes the 826 and 846? After looking through some large form-factor cases, it seems Cooler Master is a little more thorough in supporting motherboards. I noticed some SSI-EEB/SSI-CEB PC cases do not have that top standoff that is a little further back than the more common ATX location. It is just one standoff, but I would think having support there is important when inserting or removing connections from the back I/O. I could be overthinking it. Because I know those plastic standoffs exist, but I am not sure where to buy them actually.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
CSE-826 and 846 are made by SuperMicro themselves and take SSI-EEB as well as their own proprietary EE-ATX.

Missing standoffs is ok; as you say, a little silicone bumpon can be sufficient. The big no-no is extra standoffs that don't line up with a screw hole in the motherboard; that can kill a board.