Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
Yes accurate to .1A and also have cumulative power use data for each socket.
PDUs typically fall into one of several categories, with each category offering different functionalities:
1. basic PDU - simply provides surge protection and power distribution (providing "n" outlets from a single connection) - no measurement or external on/off control
2. "metered PDU" - provides PDU-level power measurement (measurement of total power through PDU not power of individual outlets)
3. "managed PDU" - provides outlet-level power measurement and on/off control - probably through a network connection

Obviously, the "managed PDU" is the most flexible type and is typically quite a bit more expensive than the other types.

The EMA111-10 is a "managed PDU," which makes this such an attractive deal.

• Love
Reactions: marcoi and Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
PDUs typically fall into one of several categories, with each category offering different functionalities:
1. basic PDU - simply provides surge protection and power distribution (providing "n" outlets from a single connection) - no measurement or external on/off control
2. "metered PDU" - provides PDU-level power measurement (measurement of total power through PDU not power of individual outlets)
3. "managed PDU" - provides outlet-level power measurement and on/off control - probably through a network connection

Obviously, the "managed PDU" is the most flexible type and is typically quite a bit more expensive than the other types.

The EMA111-10 is a "managed PDU," which makes this such an attractive deal.
Thank you for this 'PDU 101' course. :) I learned a lot! :cool:

Reactions: WeekendWarrior

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
Thats what I did too, waiting to hear back. Seller accepted 60$ /ea for 2, and the listing DOES say "ships worldwide", but when i try to pay it tells me they dont ship to the US?

View attachment 21198

when I put in my zipcode, it tells me "invalid zip" *shrug*

Worst case, I registered with a package forwarder in Canada that I could ship it to, although it's in BC and these guys are located on the East Side of Canada, so won't be that cheap (around 100$ CAN i believe), plus then whatever it costs to ship to California. Will report back if I actually get them shipped.

edit:

here's the service I signed up for: Reship | Bringing the world to your door

They give you a virtual address in canada to use.
I tried using this reshipping service but eBay would not accept Reship's address in Canada (British Columbia). How did you get this to work?

Reactions: Samir

Oarman

Feb 28, 2021
PDUs like this don't usually offer surge suppression or any form of power filtration, and I don't see any indication this does either. These are really intended for use downstream of a UPS.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
I had no trouble adding the address to my account's Shipping Addresses. Maybe you didn't fill in the fields correctly?

NN - 19138 26th Ave
Suite #ABCDEFG
Surrey, BC, V3Z 3V7
Canada
I just entered

Canada in Country
1st line in Street address
2nd line in Street address 2
Surrey in City
BC in State
V3Z 3V7 in Zip code
Phone # in Phone number

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
I had no trouble adding the address to my account's Shipping Addresses. Maybe you didn't fill in the fields correctly?

I just entered

Canada in Country
1st line in Street address
2nd line in Street address 2
Surrey in City
BC in State
V3Z 3V7 in Zip code
Phone # in Phone number
Agreed that this process ought to be straightforward. What I was told to use by reship, and how eBay rejected that shipping information, are shown in the attached images.

eBay seems to say that the seller won't ship to BC, but that message seems inconsistent with what others have experienced.

Others were also apparently able to submit an offer with a California shipping address, and I was prevented from doing so by eBay. Thus, either the seller is reconfiguring the listing's shipping options as people are making purchases or eBay is being inconsistent. I suspect the latter but any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
PDUs like this don't usually offer surge suppression or any form of power filtration, and I don't see any indication this does either. These are really intended for use downstream of a UPS.
I believe you're right about this - thanks for the clarification.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Anyone have a owners manual for this unit? I can't find it on Eaton's site. :(

Also, just to confirm as this is my first one of these devices--I can control the outlets from a web interface on the ethernet port or via serial connection command line? Thank you in advance for any answers!

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
Yea this seller is bunk, wont respond, i chatted with Ebay as seller offered me a price for 3 of the units after i told them i couldnt buy because it said shipping was not working (live in colorado but listing shows US Shipping), when i accepted ebay said it couldnt ship to my state (WTF!!!) then ebay told me its the sellers fault b/c they didnt put in proper weight in shipping which is causing the non-payment issue. So now im stuck in the middle when the seller refuses to respond and wont pay..

I have ebay support messages telling me not to pay and they will "Assure" that i dont get a negative mark on my record because this seller is not responding...

FYI this is a buy at your own risk as the seller is very sketchy not responding to messages.

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Yea this seller is bunk, wont respond, i chatted with Ebay as seller offered me a price for 3 of the units after i told them i couldnt buy because it said shipping was not working (live in colorado but listing shows US Shipping), when i accepted ebay said it couldnt ship to my state (WTF!!!) then ebay told me its the sellers fault b/c they didnt put in proper weight in shipping which is causing the non-payment issue. So now im stuck in the middle when the seller refuses to respond and wont pay..

I have ebay support messages telling me not to pay and they will "Assure" that i dont get a negative mark on my record because this seller is not responding...

FYI this is a buy at your own risk as the seller is very sketchy not responding to messages.
Seller replied to us pretty quickly.
We bought two shipped to NY. However, we did run into that issue of getting it shipped to America. Cost a bit more than I would have liked. Both got delivered however quickly.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I too have run into the 'not valid zip code' issue. I've sent a message to the seller for a shipping quote before making an offer. I still want to read the owners manual before I get this if anyone has one to share. I can't seem to find one. :(

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
wanted to share my experience. I bought two, seller was responsive - replied within 2 hours of any message. As things were getting finalized I asked them if I could add a third. they modified the invoice. I received the two in about 5 days but not the third. msg'ed on Tuesday, they replied and said they'd have to go to their shipping department. tracking number provided early this morning and number three arrived today as a separate shipment.

As for shipping costs. IME cross border shipping from Canada to the US is hit or miss as to whether the sender ventures in grey areas (cheaper) or is totally above board and then its more expensive. As it stands 3 units, avg shipping cost per unit was 30.00 for me (as documented previously). At < 100.00 for each pdu including shipping I really have not complaints at all. Consider the ever popular cyber power unamanged rackmount PDU's go for 40-60.00 (I'm looking at you uCenter) plus local tax...

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I'd need 5x. :D Thank you in advance if you can do it!

No reply from ebay seller on msg re shipping quotes I sent a few hours ago. :(

Last edited:

abq

May 23, 2015
Sorry I'm late to the party. This is local to me, I'd be happy to do a single pickup order and re-ship.
I'd like 4 as well, if re-shipping price doesn't get too crazy, and not too large imposition on you.