Eaton EMA111-10 $77+shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Jun 22, 2015

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
Seems that they dont ship from Canada to US. Even to SF, as mentioned in the post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
I submitted the offer first and the seller accepted and then I sent a request for shipping quote. Thats how it went for me.
Thats what I did too, waiting to hear back. Seller accepted 60$ /ea for 2, and the listing DOES say "ships worldwide", but when i try to pay it tells me they dont ship to the US?

1642441060993.png

when I put in my zipcode, it tells me "invalid zip" *shrug*

Worst case, I registered with a package forwarder in Canada that I could ship it to, although it's in BC and these guys are located on the East Side of Canada, so won't be that cheap (around 100$ CAN i believe), plus then whatever it costs to ship to California. Will report back if I actually get them shipped.

edit:

here's the service I signed up for: Reship | Bringing the world to your door

They give you a virtual address in canada to use.

Reactions: Samir and itronin
Jun 22, 2015
I used the "contact seller" link to directly ask the seller for a shipping quote and he then asked me for the zip code.. After I provided they updated the shipping code on the offer link.
With this way there is a risk that if the shipping cost is too high and you don't want to make the purchase you have to send a request to null your previous offer. Maybe you can ask the seller to provide you with a shipping cost first before making the offer.

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
For home use, what makes most sense:

wall -> Battery -> Eaton -> devices
Or wall -> Eaton -> battery -> devices needing battery (sparing the other eaton outlets for non-battery)

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
@vintagehardware great find! Seller seems pretty busy but successfully cut me an order with US shipping. Of course I asked them to up my qty to 3 so waiting to hear back from them. Even with the shipping this is a great deal and a handy device!

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Trying to charge me a lot for shipping....

Shipping$76.68

What did everyone else get for shipping this seems high??

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
For home use, what makes most sense:

wall -> Battery -> Eaton -> devices
Or wall -> Eaton -> battery -> devices needing battery (sparing the other eaton outlets for non-battery)
By battery I'm assuming you mean a UPS. Really depends on what you want to do--option 1 puts everything on battery backup while option 2 does not. I would check your UPS if it has 'surge only' outlets and if so, I'd be using option 1 as option 2 would be a bit redundant.

Reactions: itronin

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Ok, then I don't feel so bad :) Mine was qty 2 as well to USA.
Guessing... Previous post makes me think base shipping is roughly 60. qty 2 to 79... qty 3 went to 89 (rounding shipping). Honestly I don't see that as horribly out of range for cross border shipping especially since these are somewhat odd sized.

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
Trying to charge me a lot for shipping....

Shipping$76.68

What did everyone else get for shipping this seems high??
Seller never even replied to me, so I signed up for a shipping forwarder...cost me 98$ total (seller->forwarder->me) in the US...paid 200$ total for 2 of them, so still a steal at 100$/each.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
Seller never replied to inquiries so I also used a reshipper. I never used one and this will be my first.

I purchased the other Eaton referenced by OP and used that to estimate size/weight: 48" x 8" x 9", 12 lb. Reshipper estimates $34.

Seller charged C$58 for shipping.

Estimate arrival to reshipper is Feb 24.

For comparison I paid $164 for the other Eaton ePDU, which included $14 shipping.