Eaton 5px ups

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TheRonin

Mar 10, 2013
Nottingham, UK
Is anyone using an eaton 5px ups? Can you tell me what the power draw is like under no load with full batteries? I currently have an apc 2200 which has broke and I'm looking to replace it with something more energy efficient. My apc draws around 120 watts under no load with full batteries, which I think is a lot.

TheRonin

Mar 10, 2013
Nottingham, UK
Well I installed a Eaton 5px 3000 and one ebm in my rack, combined they use approx 25watts an hour. That's when the batteries are fully charged with a 25% load. Which I think is pretty good compared to the APC 2200 I used to have. I also have the network card which is pretty good and I'd say much better than apc 's network card with regards to features and web interface.

herby

Aug 18, 2013
I like my Eaton quite a bit; I just wish their Intelligent Power Protector software worked with FreeBSD. I use Intelligent Power Manager to shutdown my XenServer pool, but I had to resort to a shutdown script for FreeNAS. I never could get NUT to talk to their software in a meaningful way, and IPP is Windows/OSX/Linux only.

TheRonin

Mar 10, 2013
Nottingham, UK
I like my Eaton quite a bit; I just wish their Intelligent Power Protector software worked with FreeBSD. I use Intelligent Power Manager to shutdown my XenServer pool, but I had to resort to a shutdown script for FreeNAS. I never could get NUT to talk to their software in a meaningful way, and IPP is Windows/OSX/Linux only.
I have nut running fine on freenas setup as the master with a USB connection. My pfsense boxes run nut as slave connecting to nut on freenas. Works flawlessly.