But I hate the wait...lol.... i already got 1 e5-2686 v3 cpu for a great price of $450. and also already got a MB and 32GB ddr4. don't know if i can wait for another year ....I would say that the E5 V1/V2 cycles have been accurate. I'll wait and see how V3 and V4 cycles pan out according to the prediction but it wouldn't be too far off in terms of calendar months or a timeframe.
But i can definitely wait a few more months for lower price on v2 cpu.... Looks like the going price on ebay for e5-2670 v1 is around 85-90$ so i would sell the current cpu and it would cost me 220$ for each e5-2696v2 cpu so definitely save a little...
i think the e5-2696 v2 will probably be the best v2 12 core bargain? i just dont see the top of the line 2697 v2 ever get lower than the 96. seems kind of counter intuitive since 2696 v2 is OEM so less number made? i don't know. maybe that trend will reverse once you have a lot of decomissioned servers?I'm hoping to pick up some 10 or 12 core E5 v2's early next year to replace my 2670v1's.