e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hnamanh

Mar 16, 2015
which seller is that? i thought we only got 2 ohio sellers?

Each of mine was individually packed in plastic bag with the foam base.... then several layers of wrapping of plastic bubble around each bag..

make sure you do extensive testing on all 3... you could send them all back but then again there are none anymore at that price..... so also depend on your needs...
The seller is alex_sari.

Attachments

Kingmer

Nov 19, 2017
Recieved my two. Very dirty indeed - i cleaned them as best i could and installed. They booted fine, all memory channels working ( dead mem channels seem to be a good indicator of esd zapage)

They passed the intel test and prime 95, get about 2700 on cb 15.

I bought two brand new i5 2697v2 for 280 each a month ago....these are a much better value i think.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Recieved my two. Very dirty indeed - i cleaned them as best i could and installed. They booted fine, all memory channels working ( dead mem channels seem to be a good indicator of esd zapage)

They passed the intel test and prime 95, get about 2700 on cb 15.

I bought two brand new i5 2697v2 for 280 each a month ago....these are a much better value i think.
yeah, def a real bargain at what we got them for.... just too bad a few of us got some bad ones....

The question is how did some of the pin got dirty and damage? i guess during removal? i am just trying to see how it happen.... also why do we only see a few hundred cpus, i was hoping they would put up a bunch of ram and disk drives from those servers too...

Kingmer

Nov 19, 2017
yeah, def a real bargain at what we got them for.... just too bad a few of us got some bad ones....

The question is how did some of the pin got dirty and damage? i guess during removal? i am just trying to see how it happen.... also why do we only see a few hundred cpus, i was hoping they would put up a bunch of ram and disk drives from those servers too...

Judging by the packaging, these guys have no idea how to handle ESD sensative electronics. Alot of it looked like thermal compound filthy finger prints. However, the stained gold contacts is a mystery. Some very strong acids will stain gold, maybe they tried to clean it with something nasty?

They also look like they were stacked in a box and just allowed to slide around - the nicks and abrasions look very much like that.

If I had to take a shot at explaining it....they bought a mass quantiy of these from scrappers in China for 20-40$ each - they were not shipped in CPU trays.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I am wondering if we can also get the experience of anyone that bought mass quantities like 10+ at once?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
well, i was gonna leave some positive feedback but now i am not .... even though mine work i would feel crappy to leave him a positive feedback knowing what i know on here....

iamtelephone

Jan 30, 2017
well, i was gonna leave some positive feedback but now i am not .... even though mine work i would feel crappy to leave him a positive feedback knowing what i know on here....
Leave feedback based on your experience, not on others.

E.g. Don't rate a restaurant one star because the people next to you complained about their food.

Reactions: Aestr

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Leave feedback based on your experience, not on others.

E.g. Don't rate a restaurant one star because the people next to you complained about their food.

lol.. yeah just don't feel right though....good service shouldn't be an exception... guess i ll take the middle road and leave no feedback...

burtonmadness

Feb 19, 2015
Hey for those of this just moving away from westmere due to 6.7 pressures....

I welcome our new ivy-bridge overlords..

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Yes!! deal is back. everyone should jump on it asap! I mean it's possible that some of it might be returned stock but i think that there is likely new ones. So if you want this, i would not hesitate to jump on it. Great price for multicore cpu performance.

I might just decide to do a low ball offer for two more cpu...lol

Spun Ducky

Sep 20, 2016
Seeing deals like this even with the issues make me second guess jumping on the dual e5-2670 v2 chips for 120 each. I do use this as a workstation for development so the higher clock cycle is probably better overall though.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Seeing deals like this even with the issues make me second guess jumping on the dual e5-2670 v2 chips for 120 each. I do use this as a workstation for development so the higher clock cycle is probably better overall though.
Might as well get a pair. never know when you need them.. )