E5-2678v3 @ 139$ SR20Z 2.5GHz 12 Core

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
Yeah i used to feel that way too! But after seeing alot of reviews for these boards i was happy to see these boards are being manufactured pretty well. They even allow customers to suggest redesigns on boards, which in no motherboard maker usually does that. I actually submitted a request, and if they truly take it seriously, i will even replace some of my 10 heavy duty servers with them.
That's pretty awesome, I've just snagged an Asus X99 deluxe II locally so gonna try that first - also the HNZ board supports DDR3 and 4 but I'd rather have 8 DDR4 slots, which is the F8 model running around $150 shipped

Reactions: Sleyk

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
If this current generation of Hz x99 follows on the design of the original and hence is very similar Jingsha/SZMZT x99.
You had 3 physical x16 but only the top two were x16/x16. the bottom one was x16/x8 (total of 40) and if you popp'ed the M.2 pcie nvme then it robbed an x4 from the bottom x16/x8 making it an x16/x4.

I'm wondering on this current gen how they mapped the second M.2 - if they were lazy they may have robbed from the slot making it an x16/x0 if you pop both M.2's.

Did they rob another x16 slot for the wifi m.2 or is that coming from the legacy x4 2.0 (assuming the x1's also come from the legacy x4)?

I like your idea of PLX the lanes bifurcating the true x16's or at least one of them (I'd actually love to have an extra x8 and give that up from my slot that has my GPU). I too would love to see dual 10gbe sfp+ onboard, of course BMC would be REALLY nice but maybe there's an X1 BMC card out there somewhere? Of course a PI and if BIOS /OSover serial could do that to a degree.

my jingsha has P2000 (x16/x16), m.2 1TB stick (x4), Asus quad hyper m.2 (x16/x4x4x4x4), Mellanox dual 10gb sfp+ (x8/x4) - it was fun figuring out how they broke all that down.