E3C224D4I-14S perfect mini or Home Nas build

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
I looked at these boards at first my bigger issue was im loaded with ECC/Reg DIMMs and these things only allow for ECC UDIMMs which killed it for me or id have a bunch of these.

Nice price tho!

Awesomesauce

Apr 20, 2016
I looked at these boards at first my bigger issue was im loaded with ECC/Reg DIMMs and these things only allow for ECC UDIMMs which killed it for me or id have a bunch of these.

Nice price tho!
Ah ... i didn't know that. Asrock drop the balls on this one. Hopefully it's still a deal for others with regular Ram. I would get one for my Synology build if i did not already got the parts.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Ah ... i didn't know that. Asrock drop the balls on this one. Hopefully it's still a deal for others with regular Ram. I would get one for my Synology build if i did not already got the parts.
It's not really Asrock's fault. This is common to all Haswell server boards and is an attribute of the CPU. It's meant to deal with a different use case where UDIMMs make more sense.

Reactions: dataoscar