E3-1200 v6 Kaby Lake details leaked

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Xeon-D from below E5 from above not leaving it much room?
Yes. The E3-1500 V5 also includes a better GPU so for the guys doing video transcoding or VDI nodes that became more attractive in 2016.

It is the difference that the Xeon D and E5 are server platforms. The E3-1200 is essentially a desktop platform with ECC support (and only with unbuffered DIMMs.)

They work well if you want a low RAM, high clock speed database server and for things like Minecraft servers where a small CPU with higher frequency cores is better.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
Yes. The E3-1500 V5 also includes a better GPU so for the guys doing video transcoding or VDI nodes that became more attractive in 2016.

It is the difference that the Xeon D and E5 are server platforms. The E3-1200 is essentially a desktop platform with ECC support (and only with unbuffered DIMMs.)

They work well if you want a low RAM, high clock speed database server and for things like Minecraft servers where a small CPU with higher frequency cores is better.
+1 for minecraft, my server runs in a vm on a i7-3770 XD
I do think if intel offers the E3-1500 with sockets it might completely kill the E3-1200 line though so they probably won't do that even though I want iris pro in a desktop chip