Dual Prot Mellanox Connect x3 SFP+ for 60$

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
[edit - links added with discussion]

I was going to order from them as well, but the price jumped to $2.41 or so when I put them into my cart so I didn't finish the order.

I see a lot of $2.99 shipped replacement brackets from Hong Kong / China on ebay for other similar NICs, but none listed as Mellanox compatible, does anyone know if any of these brackets are the right spacing, or have a Mellanox dual SFP+ card and an Intel Qlogic, or Emulex they can compare the port and screw spacing to?

I may order 1 of each that looks similar to try, but I won't know for 2-4 weeks which one works.

None of them look quite right since Mellanox has a bit of space between the 2 SFP+ ports and 4 indicator LEDs between them, but these look close:
Emulex Dual Port Full Height Bracket for LPE 12002 LPE 16002 HP 82E AJ763A
Standard Full Height Bracket for Intel X520-DA2 / X520-SR2 E10G42BTDA

I am tempted to just use these or something similar, but Mellanox makes a big deal in the manual about the RG shield gasket between the card and bracket:
Full Height Bracket for HP NC365T DELL H092P K828C HM9JY YT674 Quad Port NIC

Last edited:

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I was going to order from them as well, but the price jumped to $2.41 or so when I put them into my cart so I didn't finish the order.

I see a lot of $2.99 shipped replacement brackets from Hong Kong / China on ebay for other similar NICs, but none listed as Mellanox compatible, does anyone know if any of these brackets are the right spacing, or have a Mellanox dual SFP+ card and an Intel Qlogic, or Emulex they can compare the port and screw spacing to?

I may order 1 of each that looks similar to try, but I won't know for 2-4 weeks which one works.
Can you post a link to what you're looking at?

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Just wanted to check back, does anyone in this thread no longer need theirs and would sell them? Looking to get 2.

edit: got some, thanks!

Last edited:

Stereodude

Feb 21, 2016
USA

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
Depends on the trade off of how quiet you want the switch to be versus price. The Quanta switches are $199 last I looked (been a long time) but they are not just turn it on and go from understanding. There are no 10Gbe switches with 4+ 10Gbe SFP ports that are anywhere near the price of a Gigabit switch if that is the price you are looking for. Do your own research and make the decision based on your needs. There are threads in this forum and others that will guide you very well.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
I ordered a bunch of tall brackets for these dual SFP+ Mellanox cards from itplanet (which might have changed their name to Fibre Express in the last month) about a month and a half ago, and although they were backordered they did just arrive the other day. I got enough to get the price after tax and shipping to me down to $3 each, and I now have spares.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I needed mine way back when this post was originally created so I just contacted mellanox and got 10 brackets sent for free. The guy was even nice enough to use 2 day fedex. Just a note about doing this though is sometimes you have to stay on their asses or sometimes they'll forget/leave you in the dust. Best to get a direct line or email from the person who is helping you.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Yes, I wish I had not slacked on this and gotten them for free - earlier this year Mellanox added the brackets (as refurbished) to their online store for $5 each, and was directing people to that instead of giving them away. I made a shopping cart up with different numbers of them to learn they wanted something ridiculous like $8-15 shipping per bracket depending on how many you got, which is why I went with a third party vendor.

Last edited: