Dual motherboard for Corsair 800D

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

calais86

Mar 13, 2016
I'm looking to upgrade a server running in a Corsair 800D with a dual Broadwell setup. Most of the motherboards I'm seeing in that class have SSI EEB lay-outs, which it looks like the 800D doesn't support without removing stand-offs / drilling holes.

Curious if anyone has a dual CPU motherboard that's standard E-ATX they could recommend?

Thank you!

--James

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Dual Broadwell is not released yet.

How many DIMMs will you need? What kind of onboard networking? Onboard SAS? Will you need IPMI or audio?

For example, William recently reviewed an EATX motherboard Supermicro X10DRH-CT motherboard review and that had onboard 10Gb LAN and a SAS controller. There are other X10DRH models with fewer features.

calais86

Mar 13, 2016
Patrick,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Feature-wise, IPMI and on-board video are musts. I'd like NICs that are supported by ESXi out of the box. I'd also like the 16 DIMM slots for future upgradeability. Don't care about audio and I'm fine if the board doesn't have SAS.

I'll check out William's review. I've read on other forums of people having issues with the Supermicro EE-ATX's being proprietary to Supermicro's enclosures, so I was a little concerned about them in general, but presuming from your reply the reviewed board is a standard E-ATX?

I've seen some of the Broadwell-E's coming up for pre-order, so I'm just getting everything selected now!

Thanks again!

--James