Does this mobo support bifurcation for SSD?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ninja6o4

Jul 2, 2014
I have this motherboard: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD

In the manual, it does list bifurcation control:
upload_2017-12-30_12-24-25.png
And in BIOS, I do see the setting for it.

I thinking about getting 2x PM953 and this card: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Accessories | Add-on Cards | AOC-SLG3-2M2

But the validated boards don't list any X9 mobos. Does X9 support this config at all or is it a nonstarter?
If the above doesn't work, I may just do 1:1 of the PM953 and a Startech/Ableconn AOC for single M.2.

ninja6o4

Jul 2, 2014
bump. can anyone answer this?

@ninja6o4 did you make this work?
I eventually found some other sites that indicated that you need a newer gen mobo to support bifurcation in this capacity, so I ended up going a different route instead.
They could be wrong, but I didn't want to take a chance.

ninja6o4

Jul 2, 2014
Oh nice, that shows some promise! If only they had had that available when I was doing my build :(
Good luck!

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016
I eventually found some other sites that indicated that you need a newer gen mobo to support bifurcation in this capacity, so I ended up going a different route instead.
They could be wrong, but I didn't want to take a chance.

Some X9 boards do support bifurcation. My X9DAE does, if you're interested in it let me know.