Does the Tyan S5512WGM2NR pass SMART data?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lippy

Jun 29, 2011
Midwest
My fellow S5512 users…

Okay. I plead Uncle (only because I can’t figure this out).

Does the Tyan S5512WGM2NR pass SMART data? If so how?

My configuration:
Norco 4220
Tyan S5512WGM2NR with firmware v.1.03 and with i3-2100T
2 - Hitachi 2.5” 7K500 drives running RAID 1 through the motherboard Intel Storage Manager (SATA ports)
4 – Hitachi 3.5” 5K3000 drives running through the motherboard LSI SAS (SAS to SAS backplane)
8 – Hitachi 3.5” 5K3000 drives running through IBM M1015 (#1) in pass-through (SAS to SAS backplane)
4 – Hitachi 3.5” 5K3000 drives running through IBM M1015 (#2) in pass-through (SAS to SAS backplane)
4 – Drive trays unpopulated
OS = WHS v.1

WHS sees the drives. I can attach the drives. I get model numbers; serial numbers. Just no SMART data.

I’ve run both WHS SMART and HDTune for the SMART data without success.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Speedyme

Jul 6, 2011
Try HDSentinel, www.hdsentinel.com. If anything will read your drive info, it will. The developer is great to work with as well -- he worked with me to get my system reporting properly (different config) -- sending me multiple 'betas' until it worked OK.

lippy

Jun 29, 2011
Midwest
Try HDSentinel, www.hdsentinel.com. If anything will read your drive info, it will. The developer is great to work with as well -- he worked with me to get my system reporting properly (different config) -- sending me multiple 'betas' until it worked OK.
PERFECT! Thanks. With HDSentinel it does report the information.

I'm disappointed that Home Server SMART doesn't report it, because then I would be able to see it from the WHS console on the clients versus to remote into the server.

But hey, at least I can tell my chosen cooling selection for the Norco is working.

Thanks again!

Lippy