Does the Supermicro A1SAi-2550F REQUIRE at least two memory sticks?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

spyrule

Hey guys,

I got the SM A1SAi-2550F motherboard about a week ago, finally got my order of ram, and the sellers screwed up and sent me 1 sodimm and 1 standard Dimm memory module.

So for now, I was hoping to get going with at least one stick of memory, but now when I POST this motherboard, it stops at "System Initializing B0"

Does this motherboard/chipset require that at least two memory slots be filled?

c912039

Apr 25, 2012
Hey guys,

I got the SM A1SAi-2550F motherboard about a week ago, finally got my order of ram, and the sellers screwed up and sent me 1 sodimm and 1 standard Dimm memory module.

So for now, I was hoping to get going with at least one stick of memory, but now when I POST this motherboard, it stops at "System Initializing B0"

Does this motherboard/chipset require that at least two memory slots be filled?

Hi, Im not sure about the requirement of a minimum of 2 slots, but I do know that you will also see the B0 stop code if you are using non-ECC SODIMMs.

You may want to double check to see if the SODIMM you have received is ECC .

David

spyrule

Yeah, I just did that and checked the Samsung part # and it's NOT ECC. Grrrr... Despite the vendors website saying it was ECC. Whatever you do, don't ever buy through Tigerdirect.ca...

Unfortunately, their TG's website doesn't mention anything about the samsung part #, so I only had this information once it was "in hand"