does anyone have startech 12U quite server cabinet?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
It's nice to see a lower price option enter this space, but with a maximum mounting depth of 21.5 inches it will have limited use. Hopefully they expand the offering.

j_h_o

Apr 21, 2015
California, US
I spent a lot of time looking at options, then realized that swapping out "SQ" power supplies into my SC846 solved the problem.

What are the top sources of noise in your rack?

TheRonin

Mar 10, 2013
Nottingham, UK
You can pickup second hand cx mini for next to nothing. I got a cx mini in the uk for £100 + £22 van rental and £2o fuel to collect it, and looks almost brand new.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
You can pickup second hand cx mini for next to nothing. I got a cx mini in the uk for £100 + £22 van rental and £2o fuel to collect it, and looks almost brand new.
you were lucky

CX is hard to get on used one.

this does not mean that easy to get CX with low price, if you can scored one :D
market on quite server cabinet is very limited...

canta

Nov 26, 2014
I spent a lot of time looking at options, then realized that swapping out "SQ" power supplies into my SC846 solved the problem.

What are the top sources of noise in your rack?
replacing sq does not mean reduced the noise in overall. this reduces the noise on PSU.
you need to add more factors too.
I bet that you are still hearing clicking of running mechanical HDs. quite server cabinet will minimize or eliminate that noise too..

one consideration: someone need to put his/her servers in living room. closed/quite server cabinet is the best answer since blending easily with furniture.

you can swing to my DIY build on closed server rack cabinet...

once you put your servers in quite/closed server rack cabinet, the noise is reduced much!!
I am talking on 2-3 or more servers in closed/quite server rack cabinet.
1U and 2U are the nastiest in making noise.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
It's nice to see a lower price option enter this space, but with a maximum mounting depth of 21.5 inches it will have limited use. Hopefully they expand the offering.
indeed :| on depth issue.

I believe, many manufacturer are ripping off $$$$$ for quite server cabinet solution:p......