Do Supermicro SC846 and SC847 share rail mounts and parts?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cgtechuk

Dec 27, 2016
Hi all. I have a SC846 and SC847 supermicro chassis and need to find some rails to mount them to my rack. Do they both share the same parts and mounts? I have some inner rails fitted already to them and they day revision b if that helps. All help appreciated. Thanks

Pics. Are in
Supermicro
Supermicro Supermicro

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Yes. SM 2u, 3u and 4u chassis all share same rail sets since 'rev b' rails were introduced.

On the out for the 'short' outer rails with the blue labels. The chassis won't pull all the way out when those are used. The full depth rails have yellow labels. Sorry, I don't have the part numbers.

cgtechuk

Dec 27, 2016
This has me confused even more now lol, I am in the USA on holiday (NV) and trying to get 2 sets of these to take home for my servers as Supermicro parts are harder to come by in the UK. A few folk on the HomeLab Subreddit have sent me pics so just need to mae sure I take the right ones. are the rails the same for both chassis first of all? and is the yelow label the rev b label?