DL180 G6 (Serverworks Edition ILO2!) $25 motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
Hello, does anyone have the service guide / manual for this FP board 583736-001 ( SE1120 ), spent an hr looking but cant find the details on the web / Hp.
Lookingto know the various LED codes / Connector . Jumper pinouts.
Thank You PGH

mrkrad

Oct 13, 2012
best to use these with dl180 g6 chassis to get everything to work best!

mattlach

Aug 1, 2014
Sorry to revive this thread.

Did you have any luck with the fan header? When you connected 3rd party fans, did you get any kind of error message?

I'm wondering if it expects the same RPM readout as with the stock 14k rpm jet engines, and if it throws a hissy fit if it gets something else back...

Thanks,
Matt

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
Sorry to revive this thread.

Did you have any luck with the fan header? When you connected 3rd party fans, did you get any kind of error message?

I'm wondering if it expects the same RPM readout as with the stock 14k rpm jet engines, and if it throws a hissy fit if it gets something else back...

Thanks,
Matt
my motherboard refuses to boot if i connect anything that isnt the original hp fan and i have no idea what i need to do to fix this :( i cant even get in the bios

Tappet

Jun 3, 2015
Has anybody got the front panel connector pinouts for this board, need the power switch really and maybe hdd activity.

Thanks
Garry

novegg4

Nov 23, 2013
Has anybody got the front panel connector pinouts for this board, need the power switch really and maybe hdd activity.
Thanks
Garry
The very minimal config pins of SE1120:

Kept original connector wire colors. Not 100% sure about the LEDs polarity though - try it out.
The Power LED for instance has a "dual" mode: straight for "ON", reversed for "STANDBY"

Last edited:
Reactions: Chad

Tappet

Jun 3, 2015
The very minimal config pins of SE1120:

Kept original connector wire colors. Not 100% sure about the LEDs polarity though - try it out.
The Power LED for instance has a "dual" mode: straight for "ON", reversed for "STANDBY"
Thanks appreciate the help got everthing working now in an old Intel Server case.

gveranda

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks appreciate the help got everthing working now in an old Intel Server case.
Hi Guys,

very helpful thread..I was working on the exact setup as Stanza and was way through getting the system up and running.
seems like the links to some of the images are broken now.If someone could repost the pinout to the front panel connector that'll be great

Cheers
Jas

ziozzang

Sep 30, 2015
I think that each HP's system has its own fan pin out. (just assuming...)
but in my case, HP ML Gen8's pin out is totally different from ML10. yeah, just case of....

anyway, I have two ML10 server(bare-bone, no cpu/no ram. but 50 bucks) and tried to transplant to another chassis.
the power is standard ATX. it's OK. and I tried to use chassis's fan.(fan replacing...)

anyway, HP's system refuse to boot up, if there's fan failed.
also, no fan means no boot up. so you must make solution to cheat, existence of 'legal' fan. (and Its fan pin out is not market regular...)

The pin-out of cooling fan(ML10) is
1: black1, 2: blue, 3: yellow, 4: red1, 5: black2(linked to black1),6: red2(also, lined to red1).
I make successfully jumped socket to cheat 'it has hp fan'. and fin out is 1-4-5 (shorted)

if you try to transplant to another chassis, just try it. (matching color..?)
but I can't assert that it works on this. maybe this can be reference.

ziozzang

Sep 30, 2015
I heard that fan speed is depend on temperature and popularity of PCIe slot usage.
That means that if you put on more card in to it, you get more noise. (but I need more SAS controller and NIC.. LOL)

so, It means that "FAN PIN OUT TUNE".
the solution is simple.

just jump with "power in - fan exist checking line - jump test line".
but I don't know correct sequence. (maybe, model dependency?)

good luck. :)

Plawn

Apr 24, 2016
Hi i know this is a little late but if you have any info on the front panel header i would like to read them ;)
I already managed to boot in without hp fans. I you are still working on it i can help you a little maybe.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
Hi i know this is a little late but if you have any info on the front panel header i would like to read them ;)
I already managed to boot in without hp fans. I you are still working on it i can help you a little maybe.
How do you get it to work without the hp fans? I got it to work at some point but that required at least one fan and some crappy soldering.

Plawn

Apr 24, 2016
I am using multiple normal 4 pins fans and i managed to convert the 6 pins connectors into a 4 pins connetor.
The 6 pin pinout is 12v /ground/ 12v/ (speed order)/ PWN mesure / PWN mesure
so i pluged a 12v, the ground, (speed order) into the fans as normal and then i weld the two PWM mesure together and pluged it into the PWN mesure of the fan ( blue)
Gonna edit with a photo
edit:
20160425131627 - HostingPics.net - Hébergement d'images gratuit
20160425131637 - HostingPics.net - Hébergement d'images gratuit

Last edited:
Reactions: legopc

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
I am using multiple normal 4 pins fans and i managed to convert the 6 pins connectors into a 4 pins connetor.
The 6 pin pinout is 12v /ground/ 12v/ (speed order)/ PWN mesure / PWN mesure
so i pluged a 12v, the ground, (speed order) into the fans as normal and then i weld the two PWM mesurer together and pluged it into the PWN mesure of the fan ( blue)
Gonna edit with a photo
I remember doing the same but with something like an intel stock fan and I didnt get it to work :L. What fans did you use?