diskspd \ Mass Storage

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

scj6771

Nov 27, 2019
Anyone familar with the diskspd utility? I have had success with it testing server storage but how would I test a mass storage device like a SAN\Compellent Storage\Cluster?

Would I run it from a server? If so how would I point diskspd to the corect storage\device?

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
On the san you create a lun. You access that lun through iscsi on your server/workstation. In your server/workstation that lun should appear like a locally connected storage device that you could test with diskspd.

scj6771

Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for the info! I know the question was a tad vague, the storage in question is indeed clustered Compellent Storage. So I am assuming a mapped drive (if that can even be done) will not do the trick? Looks like iscsi is the way to go.

cesmith9999

Mar 26, 2013
iSCSI is only one way to connect to block storage. you may have a LUN presented to your server via fiber channel HBA. then you can get into HBA card settings to help with performance...

Chris