Disk full error in my vdisk?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ninja6o4

Jul 2, 2014
So I am starting my migration from my previous thread here (http://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/2012-r2-ss-parity-mode-ssd-config.3532/)

I've made a 6 drive vdisk using the wizard, set a capacity of 20TB, and everything looks fine. When I start copying, it errored out at 1.8TB claiming the disk was full. I tried both TeraCopy and windows copy.

So, I checked the settings, it was formatted as NTFS. I formatted it as ReFS and started the copy again. This time is stopped at 2.6TB. What am I doing wrong? The properties of each disk in the pool indicate an evenly distributed space usage as I would expect. Why does it think it's full? What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

ninja6o4

Jul 2, 2014
I had an epiphany while looking at the screenshot. Did I make the vdisk too large in capacity, which is messing up the available space being made available?

Nevermind, I see that the pool utilized my SSD drives to include in the storage, that I had intended on using as an SSD tier on its own later. I will remove them for now and try again.