disable alarm on LSI Megaraid?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

flummoxer

Aug 30, 2012
Does the disable alarm command on 9265-8i completely disable the audible alarm? I'm about to buy one but can't figure out from the manual or googling if that just turns it off when it's on or completely disables it from every turning on.

I'm a renter and a loud alarm is no go, so much so it'd be cheaper by far to lose the whole storage system :eek:

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
The alarm sometimes gets enabled again after Firmware updates that can catch you out and scare the pants off you.
It makes quite a racket you won't miss it :)

Yes the 9265 is hard on the green backs, what about a 9270 ?
Might be worth while going PCIe Gen 3 ?

flummoxer

Aug 30, 2012
the 9271 is out finally, the cheapest place I trust takes weeks to ship to me but that's ok., have to test the hard drives.
Well, right after I figure out why swapping a 3770k for 3770s stops the m/b from booting and report memory errors.

Such an auspicious build this morning too.

flummoxer

Aug 30, 2012
That's the plan, depending on what damage I've caused by getting a fingernail clipping UNDER the cpu, on the pins! oi vey.

oh wow, m/b and 2 cpus survived! 2 cpu swaps with unnoticed detritus on the pins, luckily it was on the edge.
culprit

damage