Detecting M5015 HBA on Z590 motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

johnboy20011

May 5, 2022
Hi just after a few pointers, I recently purchased a MSI Z590 motherboard and a IBM 5015 HBA off Ebay. i want to flash the HBA to LSI IT mode eventually. My problem is when the card is inserted in any PCI slot with nothin apart from RAM CPU and the HBA the motherboard dosnet show any sign of the card being present, it jumps past ant POST screen straight to the MSI bios.
My question is how do you get to the HBA config settings ? or am i missing something. Im used to seeing POST screens as everything is detected and options presented such as the CTRL + H?

cheers if anyone can point me in the right direction.

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
If your motherboard is set to boot and initialize ROM via UEFI, or to not show option ROM displays, you probably won't see anything for this card. If you set the slot to initialize Legacy option ROM instead of UEFI (or change the whole boot to Legacy if that is your only option), you should see the option ROM. But, with various "quiet boot" or with the "Force BIOS" option found in most AMI BIOS disabled, you still might not see anything.

If you initialize and boot UEFI, you should have the config for the card inside your motherboard BIOS somewhere.