DemoEval Ryzen03 - With Blue LEDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
This one will likely end up becoming my personal workstation, or perhaps just a Linux test workstation. For now, it is going into DemoEval but I decided to use the machine for answering a few questions I had.

Build Parts and Rationale
And the pic of it running in STH Blue mode:
AMD Ryzen 03 Test System Cropped.jpg

OBasel

Dec 28, 2010
GPU looks wimpy but otherwise me likey.

Using that GPU saves $100+ on the cost too not just gives you more PCIe slots to work with.

slatfats

Nov 3, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I've read that the Ryzen CPUs support ECC memory... but haven't seen anyone try, and haven't seen any desktop motherboards that claim to support it. Any chance you'd be willing to chuck some into this motherboard to see how it fares?

_alex

Jan 28, 2016
Bavaria / Germany
These GT 710 are ideal for Xeon based workstations or to pass-through to a VM, low TDP, x1 - x8 PCIe and low-cost but enough to do work :)

Would love to know if Clover and OSX Sierra could run with a Ryzen (at least if the installer starts).
GT 710 should be fine, i currently have a build with X10SLM-F, E3 1231 v3 and EVGA GT710 2GB in x4 x8 in the pipeline, still waiting for the GT 710 and USB Sound.

Edit: oh, i missed that it's 610 and not 710 in the Build ...

Last edited:

danws6

Apr 22, 2016
Does that local computer shop have more boards in stock? Frys only has a Asus Prime X370 board and is sold out of the rest, Amazon is sold out, NewEgg is sold out. My 1800x has been sitting on my shelf for a week now with nothing to plug it into. :(

I was leaning toward a MSI board since they have dual M.2 slots which I thought would be good for future proofing. Is there a downside to having a one M.2 and one U.2 right now?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Does that local computer shop have more boards in stock? Frys only has a Asus Prime X370 board and is sold out of the rest, Amazon is sold out, NewEgg is sold out. My 1800x has been sitting on my shelf for a week now with nothing to plug it into. :(

I was leaning toward a MSI board since they have dual M.2 slots which I thought would be good for future proofing. Is there a downside to having a one M.2 and one U.2 right now?
Heading there today. Send me an email. patrick at ServeTheHome.

They sell out all the time so would need to make a decision quickly.

Reactions: eva2000

C4PPY

Jun 14, 2013
Denmark
Hard to find 32GB UDIMM modules.
You allways have the things that are hard to find ;-)
The reason for the question is that I am designing a 3U dual itx rack chassis and was hoping for two ryzen itx with lets say 64GB RAM if possible.