Dell W1GCR HN10N Broadcom 57810S unRAID & Windows 10 drivers?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Hexenhammer

Dec 13, 2019
Hi,
Guys, I have 2 questions:
1) Is this card unRAID compatible?
2) Is this card Windows 10 compatible? [If yes then why its not sold out for such price of 10GbE copper?]

This card has insane low price for 10GbE copper, especially dual port, why, is it uses some different standart and wont "talk" to Aquantia/Intel 10GbE cards?
Im building my first unRAID and was going to buy 2 used Mellanox cards like recommended, but then i found this card, my workstation motherboard already has 10g Aquantia so buying just one card for my unRAID and keeping everything copper will be great.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I don't know about Windows 10 support nor Unraid, though I suspect it is supported by most Linux distributions and server versions of Windows (if there are no official windows 10 drivers, it is possible server 2019 drivers will work).

As for a reason why it is so cheap, that probably is because it has a fan, people don't want stuff with fans if they can help it, fans break, can be rather noisy, and having one on a NIC indicates that is requires quite a bit of power (resulting in heat).

Hakujou

Apr 28, 2019
It works perfectly under Linux (unRAID) and Windows.
It has some issues with some BSD versions (not suitable for pfSense/FreeNAS...).

OptimusPrime

Apr 21, 2020
I just found some of these as well...if anyone has found the drivers for Windows 10 Pro, it would save me about $200...

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
The driver is included in Windows 10.

Just tested. windows 10 VM on ESXi 6.7,passthrough the VF using SR-IOV. If VF is supported, the physical function is definitely supported.

I've been using them for some time, never in W10 but every other OS I use supports them, just make sure you have latest firmware. Mine is HP 530SFP+. Less than $30 including sfp+.

Attachments

Last edited:

OptimusPrime

Apr 21, 2020
I got my cards today (although one has a broken piece, have to send it back). I installed the other with no issue, and the fan noise is near silent.

Using Windows 10 Pro, device manager sees it fine. When I try to use it as a regular NIC, it does not seem to talk to my switch. Will this truly only work as a 10Gbe card? No using it as standard Gigabit card until my switch transceivers arrive?

OptimusPrime

Apr 21, 2020
Here's how it shows in my Device Manager. No driver issues showing, but when I move the Ethernet cable from the Mobo RJ45 jack to this card, the activity lights do not illuminate.

1589514568915.png

neobenedict

Oct 2, 2020
Here's how it shows in my Device Manager. No driver issues showing, but when I move the Ethernet cable from the Mobo RJ45 jack to this card, the activity lights do not illuminate.

View attachment 14103
For anyone with this issue, I extracted the driver files from the dell driver here (as they don't install on anything but windows 8): Challenge Page

You need to extract first Umbrella.msi from the installer .exe then extract the folders from Umbrella.msi. It should look like this:

Then go to device manager, click "update driver" on the ethernet adapter, and choose "browse my computer" and select this folder (check include subfolders) and reboot afterwards, and the card works on windows.

To extract from a .msi, google it, there are some commands you need to run first on the .exe and then the .msi which are different. They are something like:

For installer exe: <file.exe> /s /x /b"<target-folder>" /v"/qn"
For installer msi: msiexec /a drive:\filepath\to\MSI\file /qb TARGETDIR=drive:\filepath\to\target\folder

neobenedict

Oct 2, 2020
I also attached the driver it claims to be using, but it may be missing some other components if you just try to install this. Would still recommend going the extraction route, even though this driver is signed properly.

Attachments

testcb00

Feb 26, 2021
I also attached the driver it claims to be using, but it may be missing some other components if you just try to install this. Would still recommend going the extraction route, even though this driver is signed properly.
Hi neobenedict, I would like to know if you can create multiple VLAN in Windows 10 Operating System.

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
Hi neobenedict, I would like to know if you can create multiple VLAN in Windows 10 Operating System.
If you create a HyperV virtual switch using the NIC as an external connection, and the physical switch port connected to your Windows 10 box passes multiple VLANs (like a Cisco trunk), then you should be able to have multiple VLANs accessible from your Windows 10 box.

I do this with the DisplayLink NIC in the docking station connected to my laptop.

Vippoilto

Oct 7, 2023
Hi,
I am sorry for me to re open this old thread but I have one 57810 dual port the ones with one fan and it is seen good from windows 11 but when attach cable it is not working.... can you help me?