Dell T7610 support OEM cpu like e5-2696 v2?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Waterkippie

Oct 12, 2017
Yes it should:

One or two; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family with up to twelve cores and Intel Advanced Vector Extensions, Intel Trusted Execution Technology, Intel AES New instructions, Optimized Intel Turbo Boost and optional Intel vPro™ technology

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
well, I didn;t know that intel s2600cp doesn't support oem cpu til I tried the 2696 v2 on it....

Waterkippie

Oct 12, 2017
Intel motherboards not supporting Intel CPU's? Is this real life? What has the world come to!

You sure the CPU is ok?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Intel motherboards not supporting Intel CPU's? Is this real life? What has the world come to!

You sure the CPU is ok?
those dual 2696 v2 fired up perfectly on SM and asus MB. it's pretty obvious that intel is very strict in what is allowed on their MB. as in we only want high price parts, no oem etc. we already seen how they crippled the pcie slots if you have a e5 v1 cpu when cards not on their approval list are used with most of these has been shown to work fine

I was very surprised too that they didn't support oem cpu on s2600cp. there are not that many oem v2 cpu. only like 3 or so according to wiki. but 2696 v2 is one of them.... this has also been confirmed by several other people on this forum.

it's also very obvious that they don't support any qs/es cpu, but not supporting oem production cpu does take it up another notch of course.

Last edited:

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012

You sure the CPU is ok?
You must be new to intel systems ;) They also lock the other direction, there are intel-branded pci-e cards that will not be detected on anything else. It fits with their overall "screw you, customer" attitude on most things.

I've been told straight up "too bad" when using an intel NIC (i350) on some of their boards (Q77) and having an entire memory channel disabled (how the hell are those related? only insane UEFI code could do that). Exact same cpu and card using any other mobo vendor with same chipset (and a couple other 7-series variants) has no problems at all.

Reactions: wildpig1234