dell T7600 82WXT motherboard; power supply

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Malcolm

Aug 9, 2019
I've acquired a T7600 motherboard that I was hoping to put some cpus I have into, but I'm struggling to find any info on the power pinouts for this motherboard.

Theres a 24 pin and a 20 pin power connector, does it need both or can it run on just one, is the 24 pin standard atx? (it does seem one will fit, but whether the voltages match is a different story of course) or is it custom? Any info at all on the pinouts for this would be greatly appreciated.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
in a T7600 Server chassis is a power distribution board that holds the redundant PSU units.
from there 20 and 24 pin cables go to the motherboard.
the 24 pin can be ATX standard but i am not sure !!!
the 20 Pin is +12V for both sockets. look here ( DELL PRECISION T7600 POWER DISTRIBUTION CABLE 20PIN 0FH594 )
s-l1600.jpgcable

Malcolm

Aug 9, 2019
Thanks, so the 20 pin is just 12V (figured from some other photos I found that this would probably be the case), and is easy enough to supply as well as it looks like I can fit 2x 8 pin and 1x 4 pin connector to it.

The remaining question then I guess is whats going on with the 24 pin, a standard atx cable fits in it so I would hope then that this part is standard ATX but don't want to bet on it just yet without some kind of confirmation.

This image suggests no https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61rqrxELtvL._SL1500_.jpg as I see a lot more yellow there than I'd expect from regular ATX, however can't find a clear enough photo to see all the cable colours.

Last edited:

Malcolm

Aug 9, 2019
hrm okay, thats annoying as I'll have to make a custom cable, but otherwise good news that the data is at least available.

Thanks a lot for this.

Reactions: RolloZ170

Malcolm

Aug 9, 2019
Have made up some cables matching these specs and am going to give it a go tomorrow, hopefully all goes well.
One last question before I do and either just force the PSU on directly via PSU cable, or dig around on the motherboard a bit to try myself to figure it out... Any idea which of the front panel IO connector pins are for power on signal/switch?

Last edited:

Malcolm

Aug 9, 2019
I located on the motherboard a "remote power enable" jumper so decided to try with that instead, and was able to get machine to post by shorting it.
Shorting once turns on, shorting it again turns off.

Will report back once I've used the machine properly but it does seem like this power cable works.

Malcolm

Aug 9, 2019
Hrm, cpus generating heat, cpu fans spinning, graphics card fan turning on, 1 out of 2 ethernet ports lighting up.
However nothing appearing on screen and no num lock light on keyboard, no sign of keyboard being operational.

Malcolm

Aug 9, 2019
Update on the above.

I removed the bios battery for 10 minutes and then tried again and now it POSTS fine, can access BIOS etc.

Reactions: Whaaat