Dell T3600 motherboard has no PWR pins

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dsa

Jan 10, 2015
Hi,
I bought Dell T3600 motherboard for my E5-2670 but now I've noticed that it dosen't have normal 2 pin power slot. It has some dell front panel out with 28 pins (one blind) , you can see it in this manual on page 36, position 23:

http://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1025849812.pdf

How can I turn this motherboard? I wanted to short the pwr pins like in normal motherboard but I don't know how to do it here and I don't have anything more from T3600 besides motherboard.
Please help.

EDIT: I think this is the cable that connects to 28 pin slot:

NEW Dell Precision T3600 T5600 I/O Front Panel Power Switch w Cable TFWN2 THA01 | eBay

But it's not available in my country, can I power on this motherboard any other way?

Last edited:

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
It's likely the same thing, just a proprietary connector. If you can find a more technical manual they often list the pinout of the connectors. If the board has IPMI you might be able to connect that way to power it up..

dsa

Jan 10, 2015
From what I understand they (DELL) do not disclose that kind of thing on their front panel IO slots (which pin do what). This board has also PWR_REMOTE, it's two pin, manual says it's "remote power enable", can I use this somehow to power on motherboard?