Dell SW Central MGMT ( Dell OpenManage Network Manager?)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

james23

Nov 18, 2014
Im looking for some SW /app to centrally manage (manage more so than monitor) a handful of dell switches (dell power connects).

Prior to purchasing about 7x Power connect 7048p swtiches, i had read that one could use Dell's OpenManage Network Manager software to manage up to 10x Dell switches at no cost. ( OMNM allowed up to 10x at no cost, but to manage more than 10x you had to buy a license for the software).

However, now that im trying to set this up, i cant find OMNM from dell, but rather the dell.com links keep redirecting me to Dorado Software's version of OMNM which only offers a free trial, but more importantly is made to manage all of your hardware , not just switches (ie servers / end user desktops ect..).

Free Trial - OMNM

Its my understanding that when OMNM was available as a standalone network only mgmt SW, dell was really using sw from Dorado.

Has this changed recently? or does anyone have info on this , or know where i can maybe get an older version of the real DELL OMNM that is free for 10x devices, and is only for switches/network?

Im not looking for SW monitoring as much as actual management (as we have that covered with snmp via PRTG , and have used/tried FOSS solutions like Obervium and LibreNMS). Even something super basic (and free/low cost), like the old CiscoView windows app (which i still use and do like!).

(if no one knows of a solution that will work with dell, can anyone suggest any other switches that offer free or free up to X # of switches, mgmt software- ie does Aruba/HPE Switches have something? (not interested in ubiquiti/unifi so much, as we have that and are pretty happy with it)

thanks!

EDIT: BTW this is exactly what im looking for, even if it is a few years older (but now the DL link redirects you to doroado SW's page, and their full blown suite):
OpenManage Network Manager | Dell

EDIT2: here is the PDF for what im looking for (the original dell network only version).
https://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent...uments/dell_networking_omnm_product_sheet.pdf

and via wayback machine here are some DL links, but i have a feeling it wont let me start it / login (but will try the OVA when download is done, and update here):
Dell OpenManage Network Manager v.6.2 SP3 | Driver Details | Dell Canada

Last edited: