Dell SC7020 Storage Chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Hawkeye426

Jun 1, 2021
Hi all,

I've recently taken possession of a Dell SC7020 storage unit (Compellent) after a business went belly up, but am having great difficulty in getting the unit online / functional. Specifically, I am unable to access the Web GUI of SCOS and cannot discover the unit via the Dell Storage Manager Utility.

I recognize this may be a fools errand but I hate to throw away what I am sure is a perfectly good piece of kit.

I have access to both controllers via iDRAC and the iDRAC Virtual Console, and am able to login to the base OS, which appears to be CentOS 7. From what I can tell the Dell SCOS (Storage Center OS) runs as a VM under kvm on both controllers but after connecting to it using "virsh console scos" I am presented with a username/password prompt that nothing seems to be working for. I have tried creating the USB password override (unlock.phy) with no luck.

Hoping someone here that is smarter than me, would be willing to point me in the right direction.

jerryxlol

Nov 27, 2016
Well, i have witnessed deploy of SC7020 and SC5020. Technician over serial cable does initial setup and after that you have gui into SCOS (html5 webgui for users ). Be aware that there are requirements for licensing and etc ...

After that working it is usable.

As said somewhere on this forum, compellent for aftermarket ? Its brick.