Dell PowerEdge C6220 12 Bay CTO/BareBones - $750.00each (Group/Bulk Order!)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
All,

I have a vendor I work with regularly that purchases used equipment.
They have recently acquired a quantity of PowerEdge C6220 CTO/Barebones from a customer that purchased them and never used them (Making the units more or less new!). They are now looking to sell these and are doing so at an aggressive price as I am not able to find anything close to this for under $1,900.00 on eBay. This is a substantial savings!

Note: the units do not include the factory service/warranty, but being sequential units can be placed back under an extended Dell warranty or from the seller who is willing to offer up to 5 years coverage for a low flat fee.

For this deal to work I need to get 15 units to be purchased (Actual count is 16 as I am purchasing a unit myself!). The purchases will be directly with the seller I will not be a middle man. I can not speak to if there are any limits as to where they will ship or not, but can find out if needed. I have until 2.12.15 (Sorry had 1.12) to get the order together or they will be going an alternate path to offload the units. The units are currently located in Texas and will ship from there to you.

The units will come as follows:

(1) PowerEdge C6220 Chassis with 12 x 3.5" H/S Drive Bays
(1) 1200W P/S (Optional redundant P/S available for additional cost.)
(1) 19" Rack Rails
(4) Nodes ready to accept Intel XEON E5-2xxx processors and 1333 or 1600 MHz RDIMM memory. (CPU's and Memory available for additional cost from seller.).

P.M. Me if you would like to be on the order list.

I will maintain the count as I have people request.
If you have questions I will be more than happy to either answer the question directly or inquire with the seller.

"If!" the minimum quantity is reached by the deadline I will be sending out the sellers contact information who will be expecting your call to place the order(s) for the desired quantity of systems.​

Last edited:

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Ngggggh. Sigh. I hate you/thank you. Let me go count some pennies and see how much these E5 CPU's are that I've never looked at before, so have no idea if this can work for me or not. But at least tag me as 'subscribed'...

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
this is going to suck a big one for shipping to Australia isn't it?
Could you get an approx shipping cost? Or is that going to be arranged by the individual?

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Do these include hear sinks? I assume but should confirm these have the punchouts for the mezz slot? I had to Dremel my c6100 for 10gbe cards ;). Any idea on pricing for that second PSU? Comes with the 12x trays? And any idea on pricing on the CPU at extra cost? Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm 'that guy'...

ultradense

Feb 2, 2015
Count me in..! I'll use myus.com to ship to Europe.
Also, interested in the redundant PSU, cpu's and mem.
I'd love to hear some more details. I've read that the drives can be dynamically connected. Anyone knows if it is possible to connect all drives to only one node?

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
Sorry all...
The date/deadline is 2/12 not 1/12...
Each node is 2 socket capable with 16 RDIMM slots 8/8.
The 12 x 3.5" bay does not have the dynamic mid-plane for assignment of drives.
These are not C6100 DCS models and have the factory cutout for Mezz cards.
The optional items (CPU, memory, etc.) would be something you would have to discuss with the seller, many options with regards to CPU's.
I will inquire about the trays and heat sinks.
I have had a number of the C6100 and had assigned 8 of the drives to a single node, and can only imagine the same can be done with this unit..

So I have received one (Private Message) P.M. from marsh for 1
Posted on this thread I have received another

buryat: 1
ultradense: 1

3 Units total wanted...

doup93

Feb 26, 2013
Interested in one unit. How much would shipping be to Canada?

Also interested in knowing if heatsinks, drive trays are included. How much for RAM (16 or 32 GB) and CPU?

PithyChats

Feb 3, 2015
I would be interested in one or two units, pending cost for extra power supply, and whether caddies, heatsinks and raid controllers are included.

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
Hi all,

Update on interest:

marsh: 1
doup93: 1
darkconz: 1
PithyChats: 1

6 Units total wanted...
Almost half way there for the minimum order quantity...
And almost half way to the deadline...
Hope we get the needed count so we can all get these cheaply!

WScott66

Nov 11, 2013
Hi all,

Update on interest:

marsh: 1
doup93: 1
darkconz: 1
PithyChats: 1
jlaplaca: 1
OkiieDoe: 1

8 Units total wanted... "Half" way there for the minimum order quantity... And "Half" way to the deadline...
Thursday is the deadline... If I had the liquid cash I would purchase the residual and resell them on ebay for a markup but regretfully I don't...